Home

Guy at wedding with Red Tie...

Posted By: DonColletti

Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/16/07 06:14 AM

So Part 1 was on AMC and I watched a small portion of the wedding. There's a certain part where I think Connie and Carlo are dancing and there is some goof dancing with a ridiculous tie on. The tie is red with yellow polka dots. His dancing is hard to describe but rivals Elaine's dancing from Seinfeld minus the kicking. This all occurs during the reception before the story of Enzo is told.

EDIT: Haha, I didn't finish my post for whatever reason. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed it. I searched for "Guy with red tie" and nothing came up. He is definitely getting into it and was just wondering if people got a laugh about it. This is probably the 20th time I've seen the film and the first time I've noticed this guy. So please, let me know what you think.
Posted By: SC

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/16/07 07:08 AM

Is this the guy you're talking about? :

Oddly enough, this guy reminds me of my father; his dancing was what caught my eye so many years ago.... his "style" is a little loose but he sure seems to be enjoying himself. ;\)
Posted By: SC

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/16/07 10:52 AM

A closeup:

Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/16/07 11:25 AM

I've been laughing at that guy for years. He is definetly into it. Every wedding I've gone to there is a guy just like that. Sometimes it's me! If I'm not mistaken, he is also in III at the opening reception. ( or is it II at the Confirmation party)
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/16/07 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Colletti
So Part 1 was on AMC and I watched a small portion of the wedding. There's a certain part where I think Connie and Carlo are dancing and there is some goof dancing with a ridiculous tie on. The tie is red with yellow polka dots. His dancing is hard to describe but rivals Elaine's dancing from Seinfeld minus the kicking. This all occurs during the reception before the story of Enzo is told.

EDIT: Haha, I didn't finish my post for whatever reason. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed it. I searched for "Guy with red tie" and nothing came up. He is definitely getting into it and was just wondering if people got a laugh about it. This is probably the 20th time I've seen the film and the first time I've noticed this guy. So please, let me know what you think.

On the other side of the fence I noticed this guy right away :p. I believe he has been mentioned in a past post, as the guy doing the "fairy dance". Keep in mind that FFC as part of his direction for the wedding scene, told the people to just have fun. I think at every wedding there is always a guy, that gets into the music, has a bit much to drink, and gets lost in their own fun, and thinks they are Fred Astaire.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/16/07 12:55 PM

Just another fine example of how FFC paid such close attention to detail. As many of you have already said, almost every wedding that one of us has ever gone to had someone there who acted that way on the dancefloor. Personally I think it adds so much realism to the scene. The guy is just having a ball!
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/16/07 02:31 PM

You guys nailed it right on the head!

Well, there was a certain part of his dance that really made me laugh. During his dance he would have a fist made but then thrown doing his fingers towards the ground...then make a fist again. I don't know why he did it but it was hilarious.

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/29/07 12:18 AM

[size:14pt] Since this topic was brought up, I made it a point to look for him in the wedding scenes, and boy is he having one hell of a good time![/size]
Posted By: whisper

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/29/07 01:02 AM

The guy looks like a complete fool.He's TOO in to it.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/29/07 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: DonColletti
Well, there was a certain part of his dance that really made me laugh. During his dance he would have a fist made but then thrown doing his fingers towards the ground...then make a fist again. I don't know why he did it but it was hilarious.

Yeah I noticed that hand jive to. Everytime I see that scene with him I crack up laughing.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/29/07 06:36 PM

An interesting detail about the guy is that his tie is full-length. Notice that many of the other men are wearing "short" ties. That was a nice attention-to-detail move from FFC: During WWII, silk and synthetics were diverted from ties and other apparel for parachutes, etc. That polka dot tie must have been a pre-war item.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/29/07 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
....That was a nice attention-to-detail move from FFC: During WWII, silk and synthetics were diverted from ties and other apparel for parachutes, etc....

The entire movie was a 'nice attention to detail'. In the case of this particular tie, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this 'extra' was lucky enough to find & borrow it from his father's old trunk in the attic...which is why we see him placed in such a prominent place in the wedding scene.

Apple
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/29/07 07:11 PM

Another great little detail: all the girls had their hair tied with wool strands, because the silk or synthetic ribbons they might have used were unavailable for the same reason as the short ties. Also, notice the "A" gas rationing stickers in the windows of the parked cars.

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/29/07 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
....That was a nice attention-to-detail move from FFC: During WWII, silk and synthetics were diverted from ties and other apparel for parachutes, etc....

The entire movie was a 'nice attention to detail'. In the case of this particular tie, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this 'extra' was lucky enough to find & borrow it from his father's old trunk in the attic...which is why we see him placed in such a prominent place in the wedding scene.

Apple

What old tie? I got one like that I wear to the early bird dinners at the buffet......

Posted By: Carson_Corleone

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/29/07 10:34 PM

He looks like the guy that speaks after Vito's speech at the meeting of the five families.

You know, the guy that wants the drugs to stay near the "colored, they're animals anyway."

Is that him?

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/30/07 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Carson_Corleone
He looks like the guy that speaks after Vito's speech at the meeting of the five families.

You know, the guy that wants the drugs to stay near the "colored, they're animals anyway."

Is that him?

I dont think so, that was Louis Guss who was ZALUCHI at the meeting.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/30/07 02:20 AM

You should remember that that was the jitterbug age and it really wasn't uncommon for men to move about like that.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/30/07 02:24 AM

Another great little detail: all the girls had their hair tied with wool strands, because the silk or synthetic ribbons they might have used were unavailable for the same reason as the short ties. Also, notice the "A" gas rationing stickers in the windows of the parked cars.

Yes, you can clearly see the A rationing stamp on the windshield of Paulie's car when they murder him. But, when driving to the spot where he was murdered, they pass several metal cobra head light poles that were not in place back then. I guess the City wouldn't let them change everything.

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 07/30/07 03:48 AM

I also noticed that one of the cars had an old Pennsylvania license plate. Nice to know the Philly guys were also invited. I think they were the guys playing morra.

Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Guy at wedding with Red Tie... - 01/05/08 01:44 AM

In the FFC Commentary on the DVD Box set he said that he was Richard Castalano's (or however you spell the guy who plays Clemenza's last name) brother and he was just fooling around
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET