Home

Most Annoying Scene

Posted By: lucylu

Most Annoying Scene - 07/09/07 11:30 PM

I'm new to this group and have been a huge Godfather fan since the #1 came out.

My most annoying scene is in #2 in the hotel room when Kay tells Michael she's going to leave him. Why does she have to use his name over and over again? It's very distacting; doesn't he know his own name?

Maybe there was a legitimate reason, but I can't figure it out.

Lucy
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/09/07 11:49 PM

Welcome to the boards, lucylu!

Perhaps Kay was in a desperate mood and pleading to Michael. As if that was her last option before actually leaving him.
Posted By: 90caliber

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/10/07 01:02 AM

The most annoying scene for me is that idiotic Lamberto confession scene in GFIII, and the equally ridiculous weeping and redemption nonsense over Tomassino's coffin. I usually hit fast forward. When I don't, I think of Vito reproaching his son from the grave: "What could I do, What could I do?"
Posted By: whisper

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/10/07 02:20 AM

Yeah theres too many scenes in GFIII to mention.But i will mention during the helicopter attack,the whole"its my luck coat" line is so bloody stupid.
Funny enough Lucylu,Kay always annoyed me with the amount of times she says Michael.
Posted By: wtwt5237

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/10/07 11:09 AM

Mine is all the time Sophia fooled about on the screen.
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/10/07 11:45 AM

Hard to choose one as most of them are in part 3. There are just too many.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/10/07 01:16 PM

I watched Part III last night again... definitely a deeply flawed film for about 145 minutes.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/10/07 04:18 PM

GF I - When Mike goes to New Hampshire and Kay is pouting about how he never sent her any cards or letters for so long.

GFII - I never got that scene of Gilday praying when the pope died. Gilday was a crooked archbishop, and I doubt he was a true believer, so why would he be praying?

GFIII - Every scene with George Hamilton,and/or Eli Wallach.
Posted By: 90caliber

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/10/07 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

GFII - I never got that scene of Gilday praying when the pope died. Gilday was a crooked archbishop, and I doubt he was a true believer, so why would he be praying?

In the novel Puzo notes that some of the men at the Commission meeting were believers. Note also Clemenza with his statue of Mary during the "mattresses" sequence. This is a truly remarkable fact, for which there is a mountain of historical examples -- brutally violent criminals who are genuine believers. To take another example from the GF, recall the scene in III when Connie says "Do it!" to Neri and Vincent, referring to the hit on Zasa -- after she says it she is on her knees praying in front of a statue of Jesus! There is no doubt in my mind that there is nothing here that doesn't accurately represent something to be observed in the "real world."
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/10/07 08:55 PM

Yeah, I've always loved these people that pray "just in case."
Posted By: lucylu

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/10/07 11:02 PM

I will admit I've never seen part 3 (just like I've only watched Rocky 1). I felt the entire story had been told and anything beyond it was contrived and unnecessary.
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/11/07 06:12 PM

Yeah i watched part 1 and 2 and the never watched part 3 until recently. It was good i left it this late as it wasnt very good, but you still watch it.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/11/07 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: whisper the don from down under
Yeah theres too many scenes in GFIII to mention.But i will mention during the helicopter attack,the whole"its my luck coat" line is so bloody stupid.

That's one of the best scenes in the whole trilogy!!!

Sometimes I wonder can that really happen? I mean you are being attacked by someone and you are already shot would you care about your "LUCKY COAT"?!!
Posted By: ScarFather

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/12/07 04:59 PM

That God damn clothes hanger scene... followed closely by the ALL the scenes with Deanna

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/12/07 05:09 PM

Hey, Scarfather's back.

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/12/07 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Hey, Scarfather's back.

Yeah... I am not the most intelligent poster but I will post anyways....

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/12/07 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ScarFather
Hey, Scarfather's back.

No argument here.

\:p

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/12/07 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: ScarFather
Hey, Scarfather's back.

No argument here.

\:p

Have an ;\)
Posted By: whisper

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/13/07 09:34 AM

When it comes to unintelligent posters Scarfather,im the one who should build up on my knowledge and wisdom.

Welcome back by the way.
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: Most Annoying Scene - 07/14/07 09:04 PM

It's tough to say because many of the scenes where Kay is being a brat Michael is able to fire back at her with words or a slap(when she speaks of abortion). If I leave out all of GFIII minus a few scenes then I would have to say when Connie freaks out about Carlo being killed.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET