Home

The Oscars

Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

The Oscars - 12/06/04 11:01 AM

I expected to find in the extras DeNiro and Pacino's clips winning their oscars..... confused
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: The Oscars - 12/06/04 01:25 PM

Pacino never got an oscar for GF

only de Niro and Brando got one

Brando refused his.

Re: The Oscars - 12/06/04 03:09 PM

Originally posted by DE NIRO:
Pacino never got an oscar for GF
oops.....you're right, he was only nominated, it's a shame! I wonder WHO won Pacino's oscars, BTW. They were HIS.

Originally posted by DE NIRO:
only de Niro and Brando got one

Brando refused his.
no clip on the DVD, though. ohwell
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: The Oscars - 12/06/04 03:39 PM

^^In 1972, Pacino lost the Oscar for best supporting Actor Joel Grey (Cabaret), in 1974 he lost to Art Carney (Harry and Tonto) mad ohwell frown

Its a shame he didnt receive the award for his role as Michael Corleone but ohwell....
Posted By: Martin Sbalzi

Re: The Oscars - 01/17/05 06:47 PM

Why did Marlon Brando refuse his?
Posted By: XDCX

Re: The Oscars - 01/18/05 02:50 AM

Originally posted by Martin Sbalzi:
Why did Marlon Brando refuse his?
It had something to do with the mistreatment of Native Americans. He actually had a Native American lady go on stage and turn down his award. But he did end up accepting it later on.

Re: The Oscars - 01/18/05 10:04 AM

Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
But he did end up accepting it later on. [/QB]
Good. It did not make much sense to me, really. What getting an Oscar had to do with the problems of Native Americans? confused
Posted By: Henne Montana

Re: The Oscars - 01/19/05 12:53 PM

Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
But he did end up accepting it later on.
Good. It did not make much sense to me, really. What getting an Oscar had to do with the problems of Native Americans? confused [/QB]
I gues it was just a way for him to get out a good message to the world.. I think it was cool
Posted By: DonGenco

Re: The Oscars - 01/20/05 09:01 PM

Originally posted by Henne Montana:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[b]
But he did end up accepting it later on.
Good. It did not make much sense to me, really. What getting an Oscar had to do with the problems of Native Americans? confused [/b]
I gues it was just a way for him to get out a good message to the world.. I think it was cool [/QB]
Of course it was cool, Marlon Brando is always cool. cool

*note: Brando, less then a month before he turned down his academy award for The Godfather contacted the academy and asked if he could receive another award for his role in "On the Waterfront" on the account that someone stole the original from him. grin

Re: The Oscars - 01/21/05 12:39 PM

Brando is always cool, I agree! smile

But how good would it have been to see Mr Godfather himself receiving the award? smile
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: The Oscars - 01/22/05 06:52 PM

Native Americans and the oscar? Doesnt make much sense to me.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: The Oscars - 01/22/05 07:19 PM

Originally posted by Don Smitty:
Native Americans and the oscar? Doesnt make much sense to me.
Atr the time there was a controversy going on in this country with the Native Americans and the Government. Brando just wanted to show that he was taking a stance on behalf of the native Americans and it was his way of sending a message. I for one don't see the connection between accepting an oscar and a controversy involving native Americans, but I guess that it was his way of protesting what was going on.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: The Oscars - 01/22/05 10:04 PM

The oscar itself has nothing to do with it (I believe at least) It could have been ANYTHING, the Oscars are just a "grand stage" and it would get the word out to A LOT more people by doing it at the oscars.

And besides what are people going to hear more 1) Brando mentioned Native Americans in his Oscar Acceptance speech or 2) Brando didn't accept his oscar (which is RARE) becuase of what was being done to Native Americnas
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: The Oscars - 01/23/05 12:03 AM

Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
The oscar itself has nothing to do with it (I believe at least) It could have been ANYTHING, the Oscars are just a "grand stage" and it would get the word out to A LOT more people by doing it at the oscars.

And besides what are people going to hear more 1) Brando mentioned Native Americans in his Oscar Acceptance speech or 2) Brando didn't accept his oscar (which is RARE) becuase of what was being done to Native Americnas
Excellent points DMC! Very well said!

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Tom

Re: The Oscars - 03/02/05 02:04 AM

Did anyone notice on the ceiling with all those tvs it showed pictures from GF and I think GF2 as they went to the commercials? Plus like 5 pictures of Brando when they showed all the dead actors and directors.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: The Oscars - 03/25/05 02:51 PM

The woman who accepted the award for Brando wasn't even a Native American. Just another baffling example of the man that was Brando.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET