Home

OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER

Posted By: dontomasso

OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 05/30/07 03:56 PM

I can think of several, but I will leave this to others ... mine is in "Analyze This" where Billy Crystal and Robert DeNiro re-enact the hit on Vito.

BTW -- I think De Niro read for the roles of Sonny and Michael in GF, and he played Vito in GFII so by playing Fredo in Analyze This, does De Niro become the only actor who in one way or another played Vito and all of his sons?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 05/30/07 08:16 PM

YOU'VE GOT MAIL (1998)

A "chick flick" that I actually enjoy. Tom Hanks character cites THE GODFATHER frequently as an instructional tool for big business in America. Funny, that's just what Puzo intended.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 05/31/07 01:57 AM

City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold comes to mind.

Barbara Robbins: He's in the kitchen. He asked me to make him a sandwhich with the crusts cut off... but that was only after he recited three scenes from "Godfather II"
Phil: He still does that? I love that!
Mitch: Oh, no, no, no. Phil, so help me, if you mention the "Godfather" to him I will rip off both your arms and beat you over the head with them!
Phil: [after Glen enters] Hey, Glen... who had Frank Pentangili killed?
Glen: [Godfather theme kicks in] The Rossato Brothers...
Phil: Yeah, but who gave the go ahead? ...

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 05/31/07 01:14 PM

Annie Hall.

There is a scene where Woody Allen is waiting outside a movie theater when a guy walks up to him and asks for his autograph. This causes a big stir, and eventually another guy also approaches him just as Diane Keaton arrives (late). The two guys leave and Allen says to Keaton "I feel like I'm with the entire cast of "The Godfather." The inside joke is the two guys who approached Allen were extras in The Godfather... they are the ones who drove Michael into New York the night he broke up with Kay and then went to the hospital, and of course Diane Keaton also had a part in the Godfather, accordinigly when Allen made the joke he was literally standing with cast members of The Godfather.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 05/31/07 01:19 PM

"Field Of Dreams"

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 05/31/07 01:25 PM

Not a movie, but SEINFELD referenced THE GODFATHER several times.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 05/31/07 04:17 PM

And we can't forget The Freshman! Brando was just hilarious in that self-mocking role!!
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/01/07 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Two references off the top of my head are George, "when I try to get out, they pull me back in", and Jerry, "My house, where I sleep, where I come to play with my toys".

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/01/07 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony Love

Two references off the top of my head are George, "when I try to get out, they pull me back in", and Jerry, "My house, where I sleep, where I come to play with my toys".

Also, the episode where Jerry and Elaine are to be Godparents and they just can't find a good moile (spelling?).
Posted By: Mignon

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/02/07 05:02 AM

Oh an epi. of the Golden Girls. Dorothy recieves a package of fish wrapped in newspaper
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/03/07 08:44 PM

Blade 2 the quote of keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Posted By: Darulerric

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/05/07 10:20 PM

The sopranos of course has many references.
Silvio always does such impressions as
"whenever I think im out, they pull me back in" also
"Our true enemy, has yet to reveal himself"

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/06/07 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Darulerric
The sopranos of course has many references.
Silvio always does such impressions as
"whenever I think im out, they pull me back in" also
"Our true enemy, has yet to reveal himself"

yeah and the episode where Tonys son talks about the Mike killing mculsky and sollozo scene.
Posted By: The Last Woltz

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/06/07 02:49 PM

Fletch.

Chevy Chase introduces himself to a less-than-bright adversary as "Don Corleone," and later says "Moe Greene's out of the Tropicana (sic). My sons Mike and Fredo are taking over."

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/19/07 07:09 PM

NOT GOING TO DO A SPOILER, BUT THERE IS A MOVIE PLAYING IN THE THEATERS RIGHT NOW THAT EXTENSIVELY QUOTES A SCENE IN THE Godfather.
(HINT: TWO ACTORS WHO WERE IN ONE OF THE GODFATHER MOVIES ARE IN THIS ONE)
Posted By: whisper

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/20/07 01:36 AM

Not a movie but of course The Simpsons refer to the Godfather numerous ammounts of times.

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/20/07 06:20 PM

Another thing which has many refrences to the godfather but is not a movie is that family guy.

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/21/07 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
NOT GOING TO DO A SPOILER, BUT THERE IS A MOVIE PLAYING IN THE THEATERS RIGHT NOW THAT EXTENSIVELY QUOTES A SCENE IN THE Godfather.
(HINT: TWO ACTORS WHO WERE IN ONE OF THE GODFATHER MOVIES ARE IN THIS ONE)

Ok no one got it for two days so.... it is in Ocean's 13. Eliot
Gould gives the speech Vito gave to Tom just before Tom told him about Sonny's death.

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/21/07 01:23 PM

Changing your plea, Don T?

Done like a true lawyer.

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/21/07 01:55 PM

Done like a true lawyer.

It's called disclosure. Right DonT?

"He has to, by law, you're entitled. It's called disclosure, you dickhead! He has to show you everything, otherwise it could be a mistrial. He has to give you a list of all his witnesses, you can talk to all his witnesses, he's not allowed any surprises."

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/21/07 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Done like a true lawyer.

It's called disclosure. Right DonT?

"He has to, by law, you're entitled. It's called disclosure, you dickhead! He has to show you everything, otherwise it could be a mistrial. He has to give you a list of all his witnesses, you can talk to all his witnesses, he's not allowed any surprises."

HEY!! It was up there for two days and no one knew it, so being the nice guy I am I told everyone the name of the movie. Sheesh....no good deed goes unpunished around here. I feel like Vinny after he did that great job of schmoozing the prosecutor to give up his files during that hunting trip.

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/21/07 03:01 PM

Posted By: Carson_Corleone

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/25/07 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
I can think of several, but I will leave this to others ... mine is in "Analyze This" where Billy Crystal and Robert DeNiro re-enact the hit on Vito.

BTW -- I think De Niro read for the roles of Sonny and Michael in GF, and he played Vito in GFII so by playing Fredo in Analyze This, does De Niro become the only actor who in one way or another played Vito and all of his sons?

I'm watching it right now, and there's another GF quote in Analyze This.

Billy Crystal: (slaps Jelly in the face) "Jelly, what's the matta wit chu? We never discuss Mr. Vitti's health outside the family. You know better than that."
Posted By: Carson_Corleone

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/25/07 07:05 PM

Come to think of it, he quotes Godfather about 4 more times in that same scene.
Posted By: whisper

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/26/07 04:43 AM

you broke my heart Jelly..you broke my heart

Re: OTHER MOVIES THAT CITE THE GODFATHER - 06/26/07 07:39 PM

He also smacks Jelly and says "never discuss the health of Mr. Vitti outside the family again."
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET