Home

Was anyone aware of this

Posted By: The Iceman

Was anyone aware of this - 02/29/04 06:24 AM

I guess Paramount is going to be releasing only the first Godfather movie on DVD it's due sometime this spring.

[Linked Image]

I found this out from another discussion board that I'm on. And the site from where the pic is says it.

But I was never able to find out anything about it on paramounts website.

Paramount
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 02/29/04 09:53 PM

Paul Pisano has already posted about this Iceman--great to have a corroborating source though! wink

I won't be buying it--how about other peeps?

Mick
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 02/29/04 10:02 PM

I just wish that they would release a COMPLETE, UNCUT chronilogical version with ALL the extra footage from ALL versions ( Saga, Epic, etc. ).

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 02/29/04 11:09 PM

DC- They'll be doing that in a few years if these DVDs sell.I'll buy that but not this one. I already have it in the box set, there's no extra features, nothing like that so its not worth the $.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 02/29/04 11:28 PM

Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
DC- They'll be doing that in a few years if these DVDs sell.I'll buy that but not this one. I already have it in the box set, there's no extra features, nothing like that so its not worth the $.
Paramount'll probably find reasons to keep re-releasing GF DVDs with just little smidgens of extras to keep fans like us buying them. Might as well mortgage your home now...you'll be paying out for new GF DVDs for the next decade. rolleyes
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/02/04 06:23 AM

^^^

Very true Turnbull. But since I already have the DVD box set, there's no way I'm going to buy this.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/02/04 10:48 PM

Yeah, I have the box set, and most likely I would not buy any more GF dvd's unless they were from an entirely new movie (i.e. GF IV or some kind of documentary) wink
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/03/04 02:15 PM

I am very satisfied with the DVD box set, however I would consider buying the chronological version if they release that. For some reason, I really like to see it chronologically. ohwell

TIS
Posted By: Chilltown

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/16/04 04:01 AM

its a nice cover, but UGH! i hate that they are all being released indivdually-the only positive i see is in case one breaks it is easily replaceable. Even if there is nothing new to be added, the set being released in one cohesive unit really did an incredible amount of damage control in saving the reputation of GFIII. Why they would take that away is beyond me, not to mention it is fairly well documented that the set as it is, is one of, if not THE, most profitable DVD release ever in terms of Paramount getting more back per unit than it cost them. Perhaps that is the marketing major in me speaking.

Either way-here's hoping that DeNiro is the cover of II and Pacino gets III or Pacino on II and Garcia/Shire is III. Just to mix it up a bit.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/16/04 12:14 PM

I certainly buy it. Chronological is nicer (IMO). And as GF fan, you must have it even if you have already the Epic, DVD set, VHS.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/16/04 07:42 PM

Does anyone know if they'll release the other Godfather films on DVD separatly?
Posted By: kasanova

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/16/04 09:07 PM

Does anyone know if they'll release the other Godfather films on DVD separatly?
Thats the plan, a few months after the releade of part 1 paramount will release the other two versions.

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/17/04 10:14 AM

But ofcourse they'll release it first in America and then after a half year it will be here in Holland. mad
Posted By: Big Paz

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/18/04 12:28 AM

I agree with you M M Floors, its so frustarting that the US get almost everything first and the rest of the world has to wait a few months!! That was another great thing about the DVD collection, it was released on the same day internationally, at least it was the same in the UK and the US.

I personally would only buy the new DVD just for the cover, it looks so cool!! cool

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/18/04 05:29 PM

The cover is nice, but to buy it for that reason....no. I like the thought of chronological with ALL possible scenes.
Posted By: Blake

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/19/04 04:34 AM

I am a huge fan so I am obligated to take mom's card to the store when it comes out. wink
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/23/04 09:50 PM

Part, I was also confused at seeing that version for the first time, but for a different (and more gullible reason). I borrowed the trilogy off a mate, but he didn't tell me it was the chronological VHS set (come to think of it, I don't think he actually knows it is!), but already knew that De Niro got an Oscar for Part II. You can imagine my bewilderment at seeing him appear within the first ten minutes of the film.
Posted By: juventus

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/25/04 07:20 PM

Of course i'm gonna buy it. I thought a million times of a chronilogical version plus the cut-out scenes. And here it comes!! Wonderful. I'm gonna but it. I have the films on VHS (recorded from television, so not the real, the DVD Boxset and now I'm gonna buy this!!

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/25/04 08:56 PM

Of course i'm gonna buy it. I thought a million times of a chronilogical version plus the cut-out scenes. And here it comes!! Wonderful. I'm gonna but it. I have the films on VHS (recorded from television, so not the real, the DVD Boxset and now I'm gonna buy this!!
This is not the chronolical version its jus part 1 individually released on dvd

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 03/25/04 08:57 PM

This is not the chronological version its jus part 1 individually released on dvd
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 05/07/04 07:16 PM

May 11th.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 05/10/04 01:21 AM

any word on if The Godfather Part II and III will be release in special edition? also good time for the release as my tape is now getting much grainer.
Posted By: Bella_Dana

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 05/17/04 10:05 AM

Originally posted by The Iceman:
^^^

Very true Turnbull. But since I already have the DVD box set, there's no way I'm going to buy this.
yeah same here, i got the trilogy on dvd. there's no need to buy this.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 05/17/04 03:26 PM

For anyone interested in buying Part I by itself, I saw it at Costco for $11 and change.
Posted By: AllAboutTheFamily

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 05/18/04 07:43 PM

I think (and Don Sonny Corleone will agree with me) that this is all hype for GF5!!! Who knows? It could happen.

Oh, and what I really want is a big, clean cut GF Trilogy. Everything in it in chronological order. That would be PERFECT but I don't know if it will happen.
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 05/18/04 08:37 PM

Originally posted by AllAboutTheFamily:
I think (and Don Sonny Corleone will agree with me) that this is all hype for GF5!!!
5?!? When did part 4 come out? j/k I know you meant GF IV, just ragging on you wink
Posted By: AllAboutTheFamily

Re: Was anyone aware of this - 05/19/04 05:59 PM

yeah-i don'y know why but sometimes i mistakenly say gf5 instead of four and gf4 instead of three-maybe its my subconcious telling me there will be a sequel! lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET