Home

Additional Scenes

Posted By: boneear

Additional Scenes - 02/05/04 01:10 PM

Oh man, how dope are they?!
I watched them all today and there is so much stuff in there.
Some of my faves were;
Meeting and naming Hyman Roth,
When Fanucci nearly gets whacked,
Rocco making his bones on Paulie.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Additional Scenes - 02/06/04 01:01 AM

I thought Rocco's scene of killing Paulie was in the original released and not a deleted scene.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Additional Scenes - 02/06/04 04:23 PM

They're all good--every one of them.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Additional Scenes - 02/07/04 06:27 PM

and my favorite is the Classic scene on the dying Genco. Too bad the Bonasera and his wife scene was not in the dvd. . .

GoodFella
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Additional Scenes - 02/08/04 12:14 AM

My most favorite deleted scene which I thought should have never been deleted because it opened up and clarified all the questions surrounding the attempt on Vito's life : The scene when Sonny and Tessio are in the office and Clemenza is sitting outside. Michael goes in and Sonny asks him to leave, who set up pop, etc. etc...... you all know the rest. A key piece in the puzzle and a key scene that definately should have been left in the movie. By cutting out that scene many were left to question as to how Paulie was the one who set up Vito.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Additional Scenes - 02/08/04 01:23 AM

Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
and my favorite is the Classic scene on the dying Genco. Too bad the Bonasera and his wife scene was not in the dvd. . .

GoodFella
Also important because it puts into perspective Michael's estrangement from his father, and Hagen's succession as consigliere.
Posted By: Buttapcanrican

Re: Additional Scenes - 02/11/04 04:05 PM

Were the deletions for the sake of time because the movie was over 2 hours?
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Additional Scenes - 02/12/04 01:47 AM

That was part of the reason and I think the producers wnated it shortened that much as they felt too much with those scenes included.
Posted By: That Moltisanti kid

Re: Additional Scenes - 02/19/04 06:28 PM

Originally posted by Don Lights:
they felt too much with those scenes included.
Agreed Don L
they didnt want to make the same mistake sergio leone did (altohugh it was made afterwards) you know what i mean, long films get tedious. you want to be left wanting more.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET