Home

Vincent...

Posted By: wtwt5237

Vincent... - 05/05/07 05:36 AM

Why is Vincent's surname Macini? He's the boy of Sonny!
Posted By: SC

Re: Vincent... - 05/05/07 05:48 AM

Lucy Mancini and Sonny weren't married. Here in the U.S. the bastard child keeps the mother's name.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Vincent... - 05/05/07 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Lucy Mancini and Sonny weren't married. Here in the U.S. the bastard child keeps the mother's name.

And Vincent was a bastard in every sense of the word.

Re: Vincent... - 05/05/07 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

And Vincent was a bastard in every sense of the word.

I'll say. I used to love gnocchi before seeing Part III. \:\(
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Vincent... - 05/05/07 09:56 PM

All bastards are liars. Shakespeare wrote poems about it.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Vincent... - 05/06/07 01:35 AM

Was Shakespeare a bastard?

Re: Vincent... - 05/06/07 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant

No, he was a BARDstard.
Posted By: Fame

Re: Vincent... - 05/06/07 02:26 AM

JOHNNY

And I have something special for our host and Godfather: I just happen to know his favorite song. Michael, where you going? It’s your favorite song!

MICHAEL

Uh, I’m off here to the kitchen to hear some Tupac records.

Re: Vincent... - 05/07/07 07:06 AM

Another question. Why, at the begining of GF3, did Connie introduce Vincent to Micheal at his office? They should be well acquainted.

Re: Vincent... - 05/07/07 07:08 AM

Originally Posted By: wtwt5237
Another question. Why, at the begining of GF3, did Connie introduce Vincent to Micheal at his office? They should be well acquainted.

It was more of an introduction for US (the audience).
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Vincent... - 05/07/07 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: wtwt5237

It was more of an introduction for US (the audience).

Possibly SC, but it could also be more of a reaffirmation of who he was. Remember, Connie is Vincent's biggest supporter in the family, and by calling him "Sonny's boy" in front of Michael and Zasa, I think she is trying to give him some credibility.

Clearly Mike knows him because in the ensuing scene he tells Vincent that he had offered him a job in the ligitimate workd, and that he refused it. He goes on to say that Zsa took him in out of the kindness of his heart, and that whatever was going on between them was none of Michael's business. Before he washes his hands of it, however Michael does a clever thing. After Vincent says that Zasa is saying "Fuck Michael Corleone" behind his back, Michael (who clearly believes Vincent) gets Zasa to say that any man who would say such a thing was not a man, but "a dog."

After Zasa leaves, bloody ear and all, Vincent calls Michael "Uncle Mike," showing even greater familirity, and he tells Michael that he needs to be afraid of Zasa because Zasa knows that Mike is keeing him from rising in the commission.
Posted By: FrankWhite

Re: Vincent... - 05/07/07 07:43 PM

Well... DonT, there is no way that Zasa doesn't already know who Vincent is as well. Everyone there was quite acquainted with Vincent EXCEPT the audience.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Vincent... - 05/07/07 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: FrankWhite
Well... DonT, there is no way that Zasa doesn't already know who Vincent is as well. Everyone there was quite acquainted with Vincent EXCEPT the audience.

I know that....the point is that Connie is calling him "Sonny's Boy" to Michael, while Zasa merely calls him "the onbe who says he is related to you."

Re: Vincent... - 05/07/07 08:25 PM

Could be, but I do thik it was intended for the audience.

But another odd thing about his being there were the little girls who gave him a note and seemed to know him.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Vincent... - 05/07/07 09:53 PM

No, but his daughter Susanna presumably was.

Re: Vincent... - 05/07/07 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

No, but his daughter Susanna presumably was.

Oh, Susanna.

Re: Vincent... - 05/08/07 05:57 AM

This girl must be around 12. Then Vincent is about 32?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET