Home

I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set

Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 01/01/04 06:09 PM

Well, it's 2004, and I am still waiting for the chronological presentation of The Godfather movies on DVD. I'm not asking for special features here. Just the movie the way that "I" like to view it.

I will wait, and continue to wait, probably for another year.

I look for the DVD set in 2005.

Happy New year Everyone !
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 01/02/04 04:37 AM

you can order it off amazon, its called the godfather epic.
Posted By: The Scottish Don

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 01/02/04 04:59 PM

Not on DVD you cannot.
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 01/02/04 10:46 PM

i didnt say it was on dvd
Posted By: Sonny Silvio Soprano

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 01/03/04 04:32 PM

It should be though
Posted By: The Scottish Don

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 01/04/04 10:58 AM

Aye very good Don Pope.

The guy was asking about a DVD release, as I'm sure you know.
Posted By: Alonzo the Armless

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 03/03/04 09:17 PM

I never understood the point of THE GODFATHER films redone chronologically. The reason PART II is so great is because 2 different time periods show contrast and comparison between a Don and his son. Even though the first 2 films jump around in time, it's never difficult to follow. I love them the way it is.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 03/12/04 09:07 PM

I prefer the originals, the way they we seen in theatres. The only reason the Epic is worth a viewing is because all of the deleted scenes are spliced in, so you see EVERYTHING that was left on the cutting room floor (well, as much as can be expected) and the original film.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 03/12/04 09:29 PM

Alonzo, I agree and understand the flasback portion of GFII made the film very unique, and I agree with DJ also, that there is nothing like the original. However, I still have a preference to the chronological version and if that does come on DVD one day, yes, I would get it. smile I don't think it takes anything away from the story. I enjoy both versions, but prefer the chronological.

TIS
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 03/13/04 01:17 AM

Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Alonzo, I agree and understand the flasback portion of GFII made the film very unique, and I agree with DJ also, that there is nothing like the original. However, I still have a preference to the chronological version and if that does come on DVD one day, yes, I would get it. smile I don't think it takes anything away from the story. I enjoy both versions, but prefer the chronological.

TIS
I too like the Chronological version of the movie. I wish that they would just make one on DVD chronilogically with ALL of the extra scenes from ALL of the versions once and for all. But you know what, they are smart. Release this version this year, that version next year, another version in two years, etc. and all of us Godfather Junkies will buy each one that comes out. Hey, I own the three original theatrical versions, The Epic Version, The extended GFIII version, and the latest DVD trilogy, and you can bet that if another version comes out, I'll be buying it! LOL!

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: ACK_NO. 1

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 03/31/04 08:50 PM

I plan on transferring my VHS tapes of The Epic to DVD sometime in the near future - I'll let everyone know how that turns out.

The quality won't be as good as the DVDs - even by VHS standards they're not the greatest - but at least I'll have it on DVD until they release the real thing.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 04/03/04 04:55 AM

Originally posted by Alonzo the Armless:
I never understood the point of THE GODFATHER films redone chronologically. The reason PART II is so great is because 2 different time periods show contrast and comparison between a Don and his son. Even though the first 2 films jump around in time, it's never difficult to follow. I love them the way it is.
Making the films in cronological order is to destroy art...
Posted By: skaggerratt

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 04/06/04 12:45 AM

The best way to view the "cutting floor" stories of the Godfather is to read the novel. I know its quite long, but i truely loved reading it and im sure you will too. It goes into great depth of Michael in Sicily, Jonny Fontaine in Vegas, Don Vito as a child, as well as the untold background of many characters like Genco, Bonesara, and Woltz.
The book starts off as Bonesara is in court rather than him talking to the Don. Also, the novel is broken up into 8 books, or stories. (Puzo does that in lots of his books) They are not in chronological order, but the content of each book is. Its a better way to understand the Godfather stories; it helped me out a lot
Posted By: goombah

Re: I'm Still Waiting for the Chronological DVD Set - 04/14/04 09:17 PM

Originally posted by ACK_NO. 1:
I plan on transferring my VHS tapes of The Epic to DVD sometime in the near future - I'll let everyone know how that turns out.

The quality won't be as good as the DVDs - even by VHS standards they're not the greatest - but at least I'll have it on DVD until they release the real thing.
That's a good idea. I'm sure the DVDs will be released in chronological order one day. But as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow, there will be some footage on the dvd not included on the vhs version or vice versa. frown
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET