Home

DVD collectible edition?

Posted By: young don vito

DVD collectible edition? - 12/08/03 12:00 AM

Hi fellow GF fans, this is my first post. I was looking around for good offers on the DVD collection and I ran into an interesting thing on Amazon.com. They have something called the DVD Godfather Collectible and it's like $30 more than the other collections listed. Does anyone know what this is and why it's more expensive. Thanks.
Posted By: Owen

Re: DVD collectible edition? - 12/14/03 12:03 AM

Welcome to the boards! smile

It might just be a different phrasing of the listing or a mistake that the user made. Also it might just be someone trying to rip you off. I am pretty sure that a lot of the things on Amazon are sold by individuals (I might be wrong)so always make sure your not getting ripped off for $30 dollers. I recommend just going to your local Wall Mart or Best Buy and buy it there from a seller you can trust. Good luck.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: DVD collectible edition? - 12/14/03 01:30 AM

Good choice on character inspiration for the name, YDV; welcome! smile

It sounds to me somebody wants to make an extra buck or two by simply lying about what they're selling. To my knowledge, there has not been a DVD release other than the Godfather Collection--which consists of th three films on four discs and a bonus, extra-laiden disc.

Mick
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: DVD collectible edition? - 12/14/03 04:25 AM

that should only be 50$ i think
Posted By: Accardo

Re: DVD collectible edition? - 01/05/04 05:31 PM

Going by exchange rates, I got mine for about $US 63.00
Posted By: Vito The Godfather

Re: DVD collectible edition? - 01/07/04 01:28 PM

i got mine for only US$1. But it was in Vietnam, however, it's pirate and the quality is perfect.
Posted By: boneear

Re: DVD collectible edition? - 01/18/04 01:18 PM

Mine is in a cupboard downstairs, but I can't open it till thursday (my birthday (19)).
ohwell
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: DVD collectible edition? - 01/18/04 02:35 PM

Originally posted by young don vito:
Hi fellow GF fans, this is my first post. I was looking around for good offers on the DVD collection and I ran into an interesting thing on Amazon.com. They have something called the DVD Godfather Collectible and it's like $30 more than the other collections listed. Does anyone know what this is and why it's more expensive. Thanks.
Young Don Vito,

Welcome to the boards! I checked the Best Buy Web Site but they do not have any in stock right now. You may want to take a shot on ebay. There are currently several brand new sealed sets up with buy it now prices from $35.99GBP to $49.99USD. I don't know where you live, but thise are the current prices. Good Luck!

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: DVD collectible edition? - 01/20/04 03:00 AM

Welcome aboard!
Posted By: AllAboutTheFamily

Re: DVD collectible edition? - 05/16/04 03:09 AM

I was on eBay earlier today and found a collectible edition of the godfather trilogy. This wasn't a dvd-it was a vhs-but it was digitally remastered and stuff so it was called a collectable-but a collectable edition of the dvd-probably a scam.
Posted By: Dirty Blonde

Re: DVD collectible edition? - 05/21/04 09:37 PM

Is it true there are 3 extra hours of footage of The Trilogy? If so, I must have it!!!
Posted By: AllAboutTheFamily

Re: DVD collectible edition? - 05/21/04 10:31 PM

On the DVD version, yes there is plenty of extra footage, including a wonderful documentary. The trilogy, though-the vhs, all it has is deleted scenes and better clearity I believe.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET