Home

may 11 2004 !!!

Posted By: the bad guy tm

may 11 2004 !!! - 11/16/03 11:43 PM

godfather will be for sale in single disc. u wont have to buy the whole box set! i belive they will be super bit.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/16/03 11:56 PM

I won't be buying them, because I've already spent enough on the box set, and I have no need to buy it again. Paramount can kiss my fat arse, no more money from this boy is going into their pockets as far as the Trilogy is concerned (unless through posters, soundtracks, memorabilia, etc grin )...
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/17/03 01:09 AM

Originally posted by the bad guy tm:
godfather will be for sale in single disc. u wont have to buy the whole box set! i belive they will be super bit.
No Special Features?

KISS MY WHITE HARRY ASS!
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/17/03 02:53 AM

Thats a good deal for those who avidly hate Part 3,but I got the box set,I'm set. If they really "intend to squeeze" us,they should add new bonus footage.I pray to god they dont do that.
Posted By: the bad guy tm

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/17/03 03:23 AM

http://www.dvdtown.com/announcement/The_Godfather/194/
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/17/03 05:45 AM

Originally posted by Double-J:
I won't be buying them, because I've already spent enough on the box set, and I have no need to buy it again. Paramount can kiss my fat arse, no more money from this boy is going into their pockets as far as the Trilogy is concerned (unless through posters, soundtracks, memorabilia, etc grin )...
Same here. I spent enough on the box set as it was, the last thing I need/intend on doing is spending more. Even if they are superbit.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/17/03 06:19 PM

Thanks for the info, bad guy!

I fixed your link. You're always better off copying and pasting it rather than typing it, to be sure it's correct.

There's no mention of it being Superbit, however. When I find out, I'll let y'all know.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/17/03 06:23 PM

if the price is reasonable i think i'll buy one. to preserve my boxed set.

GoodFella
Posted By: Chilltown

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/17/03 08:53 PM

that is kinda stupid of paramount (what else is new?)! they are making a huge profit off of the collection and they KNOW that no matter how much someone claims they don't want to spend the high amount, eventually they will. not to mention, and this may be a little controversial, they have rewritten history a little about the perception of GFIII. from a marketing standpoint, this is a poor decision!
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/18/03 04:44 PM

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

According to this the sound is supposed to be better?????

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/18/03 06:08 PM

Originally posted by J Geoff:

There's no mention of it being Superbit, however. When I find out, I'll let y'all know.
What is Superbit? confused

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/21/03 11:20 PM

Originally posted by J Geoff:
[b]

What is Superbit? confused [/b]
An Advanced DVD Disk with Great Sound And Picture.

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/22/03 02:41 AM

They should have a Superbit re-release of Goodfellas... wink
Posted By: Owen

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/22/03 02:47 AM

Was the Scarface Aniversary Edition DVD super bit?

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/22/03 06:41 PM

They should have a Superbit re-release of Goodfellas... wink
Only Columbia Pictures does the Superbit thing.

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/22/03 06:57 PM

'Godfather' Fans Get Offer They Can't Refuse

Sat Nov 22,10:35 AM ET

By Jill Kipnis

NEW YORK (Billboard) - If the $105.90 list price for "The Godfather DVD Collection" seems hefty to fans, they will be happy to learn that Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) will start selling the popular films as individual DVDs for the first time next year.

On May 11, 2004, "The Godfather" will be released as a single disc for $24.99. The other two films in the trilogy will come out separately later next year. "The Godfather DVD Collection" arrived in 2001.

"This is really about providing consumers with a choice," says Michael Arkin, PHE senior VP of marketing. "Those who cannot afford to buy gift sets now have the option of buying a single film."

The major drawback to purchasing the films individually will be the lack of special features on the discs. The only added value on each release will be an audio commentary, whereas the five-disc collection includes such extras as a 73-minute documentary, deleted footage and production stills.

Still unknown is whether PHE will apply a similar strategy to "The Adventures of Indiana Jones," which was released solely as a four-disc set Oct. 21. Arkin says the company is not prepared to discuss the strategy behind the set's release because it has been out only a month. However, he says that with "The Godfather," "we knew eventually we would release them individually."

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is applying this plan to "The Alien Quadrilogy," available Dec. 2 as a nine-disc set for $99.98. Consumers can purchase separate two-disc editions of each "Alien" film Jan. 6 for $26.98 each. The individual editions feature a disc of extra features, though an additional bonus disc containing a new interview with director Ridley Scott and original theatrical trailers is available only in "Quadrilogy."

Reuters/Billboard

[ source ]

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/22/03 06:58 PM

Superbit is a version that removes the special features and uses the saved space to boost the audio and/or video quality of the movie itself.

The Godfather apparently won't be released this way.

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/22/03 09:25 PM

Now If theyd relese the documentary like a film. It reminds me of Heart of Darkness, the documentary about Apocalypse Now.

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/22/03 11:28 PM

Well, Columbia might be the only one who does the "superbit" because they've patented the name, but I'm willing to be other companies have developed similar technologies for future use. wink
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: may 11 2004 !!! - 11/23/03 04:28 AM

Thanks for the info! But like most of you, I too will not buy them individually. I'm happy with what I've got!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET