Home

What is your favourite Godfather film?

Posted By: TonySopranoNJ

What is your favourite Godfather film? - 04/14/07 11:43 PM

1,2 or 3?

ps apologies if it has been done before
Posted By: DonPacino

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 04/14/07 11:51 PM

1.2 (it's a bit long but the acting is superb)
Posted By: TonySopranoNJ

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 04/15/07 11:43 PM

Im just watching one now. It was 1am last night and i thought right i will watch it, it will be over about 3am half 2 i was falling asleep and it said around 2 hour left i looked at the run time and i was like WHAT! great movie though just about to watch the 2nd half of Godfather 1 now. And if u say 2 is better then 1 im in for a good time.
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 04/15/07 11:54 PM

Just don't think it gets better with 3...
Posted By: ScarFather

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 04/16/07 11:20 PM

I would favor GF1 slightly over GF2.

GF1 - I loved the way Michael calculated and strategized to take out his enemies in GF1. Taking care of all family business... the five families, Carlo, Moe Green etc..

GF2 - I loved the way he outsmarted Hyman Roth despite Fredo being a handicap for him. (Tom saying Roth played this one beautifully, I wanted to smack him) LOL
Posted By: wtwt5237

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 05/08/07 06:18 AM

The greatest scene in GodFather 3 is Micheal's reminiscences of the dances with Appo, with Kay and with Mary. That scene unites the three films into one legends.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 05/08/07 01:30 PM

One.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 05/12/07 02:30 AM

If there was a way to add the last 5 minutes of 3 onto the end of 2 it would be perfect.

I can watch the end of 3 over and over again.....just not the rest of it lol
Posted By: Mignon

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 05/12/07 02:48 AM

I know DMC I can watch that silent scream over and over and get chills down my spine.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 05/14/07 06:32 PM

I go back and forth on which is the better movie, 1 or 2. I can't really pick between them, but I do enjoy watching 1 a little more since it is more of a family oriented film. Save for the flashbacks, Part II is cold and distant (on purpose), but still as brilliant.

Part III definitely isn't in the same league but I can appreciate it for what it was. And I cried for the rest of the night after having watched it.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 05/17/07 02:25 AM

I cannot decide between one and two, they are both superb. When I feel like I lean toward two, I think about one, and like one more. It's tough. So I'll list what I like about the three:

1) Beginning, story developes from the very beginning, Brando's acting is excellent. From the war in New York, to the love scenes in Sicily, to the baptism sequence, this movie is very well put together.

2) I love the business between Michael and Hyman Roth, especially how they could add history to go along with it (although they do that throughout the entire trilogy), in referring to the Cuban Revolution. I also enjoyed the rise of Vito Corleone very much. The fact that Coppola and Co. made Michael and Vito's story parallel to one another is icing on the cake. The very last scene is classic.

3) Though it gets a bad rap, and has its flaws, I do not consider it a bad film, not even a mediocre film. When it comes to most trilogies, the third one usually sucks. In this case, GFIII had to compete with two great films, one being even a best picture. It still carried my interest as a viewer with the story of Michael's business with Immobiliare and its reflection the modern aspect of the mafia. I consider Sofia Coppola the Jar Jar Binks of GFIII (I stole that line, so lay off). If the original plan of casting Winona Ryder would have privaled, I believe this film would not have gotten such a bad rap. (George Hamilton, too).
Posted By: UnderBoss

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 05/23/07 10:21 PM

I hate to flip-flop, but they are both remarkable films with great qualities, I would say the first one really is concise and details, it does an amazing job of sucking in 3 generations deep and doesn't let go. The second one is really great as well, it's darker but is intricate. The third one is good, but not great, could have been better, but they did wickedly with what they had.
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 06/03/07 08:48 PM

I see part 1 and 2 as one movie. The third never existed. Except the ending of the third was well done. sofia coppola gets what she deserved for her bad acting.
Posted By: whisper

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 06/05/07 02:58 AM

I agree with Zaf.I look at part 1 and 2 as the same film in retrospect.Part 3 is a great film just arggh Sophia Coppola why oh why is she in this saga.
Posted By: james_cagney

Re: What is your favourite Godfather film? - 06/15/07 05:53 AM

My favorite is Part II. The tremendous effort put into GF 1 was exceeded here, at least IMO. LOVED Vito's prequel story. And of course Robert De Niro is phenominal.
The original is my next favorite (Marlon Brando and Pacino. Incomparable actors.)
Part III is a very good film IMO, it just has a terrible reputation because of Sofia Coppola. To be honest, I didn't think she was that horrible. Not a great acting job, but competent. And Al Pacino was perfect as always.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET