Home

was he really no different? Or who was the naive?

Posted By: Hagit

was he really no different? Or who was the naive? - 09/15/03 09:03 AM

You know that quote "My father is no different than any other powerful man, like a governor or a president"? (Silly question-of course you do )

What do you think about it? I mean with today's leaders (e.g: President Bosh or P.M of Israel Sharon)? Is it really that different??? confused confused confused ohwell ???
Personally as GF fan I think our leaders are not that different than the Godfather ohwell .Maybe they have no choice but that is politics... frown frown
Posted By: wilheim

Re: was he really no different? Or who was the naive? - 09/15/03 10:39 PM

There is a passage in the novel when Michael recalls having heard his father saying they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, they never should have let him get away with that, they were just asking for trouble, when they let him get away with that. Only this was in 1939 before the war actually started. He grins when thinking that if the families were running the state department there never would have been a WW2. Probably was right.

wil.
Posted By: Dead Ohio Sky

Re: was he really no different? Or who was the naive? - 09/17/03 02:51 AM

Well, the CIA is eally not that much different to a degree. Like the Mafia, they try to muscle other people, or countries, and if those countries don't comply, they are hit with embargos (kinda like union trouble). Finally, if they still hold out, they get whacked, and a puppet president is put in their place that will do whatever they tell him to do. Plus, the CA (allegedly) makes money from drugs, and other unscrupulous things (sound like a certain crime organization w know?)
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET