Home

hyman roth

Posted By: Michael Montana Mancini

hyman roth - 08/13/03 02:00 PM

why didnt hyman roth feature in part one. if he and moe green were such good mates.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: hyman roth - 08/13/03 07:04 PM

GF was based on the novel. Moe Green appeared in the novel, but Roth didn't. The novel ended in 1955, and so did the film. At the time GF was made, no sequel was envisioned (Paramount was fearful it'd be a flop). But after its smashing success, they decided to make II, and to flesh out the story, Roth (based on real-life Meyer Lansky) was added, as was much else.
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: hyman roth - 08/14/03 09:42 PM

well, also roth wouldn't have had any reason to be in the first one. it works out best that he wasn't there.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: hyman roth - 08/16/03 01:03 AM

Perhaps, for continuities sake, if Don Altobello is such an "old family friend" of the Corleones, why does he randomly appear in GF III? lol grin

Although in retrospect, they really didn't have anyone else, most people in the movies got whacked... tongue
Posted By: Enzo da baker

Re: hyman roth - 08/17/03 05:47 PM

don altobello is not random.he's connies godfather and she gives him the tasty cannoli for his trouble lol
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: hyman roth - 08/18/03 06:30 AM

Sorry for this being a pathetic, childish, off-topic post, but I think I need to ask:

Why did the writers choose the word "Hyman" as the first name of anyone? Did he have cruel parents?

Is it a Cuban name as well?
Posted By: Michael Montana Mancini

Re: hyman roth - 08/18/03 01:42 PM

its a polish name moron. if u cared to watch the outtakes in the box set. twat
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: hyman roth - 08/18/03 04:35 PM

Originally posted by Michael Montana Mancini:
Don't disrespect someone who has posted more posts with the intelligent worth more then your next 7 years of school.
Posted By: wilheim

Re: hyman roth - 08/19/03 01:01 AM

I think Hyman is more of a Jewish name. Remember Roth ws born around the turn of the century when people had different ideas of what was a normal and approriate name. There are lots of Italian names in the films that are no longer popular. Such as Luca, Fredo, Rocco, Genco, Amerigo, and even Vito and Santino.

wil.
Posted By: B. B. Cheese

Re: hyman roth - 09/09/03 06:27 PM

Well remember that Frankie "5 angels" was also added to the story as was several other characters. If you have the VHS version of the Godfather Trilogy, you may have the “A Look Back” behind the scenes commentary about the film The Godfather II and FFC tells us that most of the scenes of young Vito Corleone were from the book, but the story of Michael during the 50s was something he invented. So with that in mind there were several characters erected from this, including Frank Frankie Pentangeli, Hymon Roth, Johnny Ola, the Rosato and several other characters with smaller roles in the film. smile
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: hyman roth - 09/10/03 12:48 AM

Hey Fuckhead!

I dont Like YOur Attitude. Every Chance you get you start Shit!

STOP IT MAN!

YOu Shouldnt be here!
Posted By: PappaGiorgio

Re: hyman roth - 09/10/03 02:44 AM

Originally posted by Mike Sulivan:
[b] its a polish name moron. if u cared to watch the outtakes in the box set. twat
Hey Fuckhead!

I dont Like YOur Attitude. Every Chance you get you start Shit!

STOP IT MAN!

YOu Shouldnt be here! [/b]
He's banned already. Take a look at the date posted.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: hyman roth - 09/10/03 09:06 PM

O damn!

I never Noticed that. Im an ass ...
Posted By: Dead Ohio Sky

Re: hyman roth - 09/12/03 12:22 AM

Then he must have gotten banned only a couple days ago, since he posted on the 8th.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET