Home

The Original GF 3 Script

Posted By: TheEnforcer

The Original GF 3 Script - 01/20/07 09:59 PM

I dont know if this has been posted but here is a link to the original Godfather 3 script. It is much much better than the final outcome. If this has been poster please feel free to delete.

Thanks
The Enforcer
http://www.screentalk.biz/scripts/godfather3.pdf
Posted By: SC

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 01/21/07 12:29 AM

Its been posted before but no harm done in seeing it again.

Welcome to the boards.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 01/21/07 03:26 AM

it's my first viewing of it...I didn't know there was a whole community of people obsessive about this stuff like me :P, thanks for sharing
Posted By: 123321

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/03/07 06:16 AM

Can you repost the link? It doesnt work
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/03/07 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: 123321
Can you repost the link? It doesnt work

There is a GODFATHER TRILOGY site that the Administrator of these boards has created. There is also a link to the Godfather Website that is part of the trilogy site. Just look over on the left and you'll see a list under Site Links that has Godfather Website listed on it. When you get to that site you can access a variety of Godfather related themes including the GODFATHER III SCRIPT.

Posted By: Alexander Kokotas

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/03/07 11:36 PM

Can anyone please repost the original script? I'd love to see if its any different from the film itself.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/03/07 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Alexander Kokotas
Can anyone please repost the original script? I'd love to see if its any different from the film itself.

I provided a link right above your post.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/03/07 11:54 PM

I meant the original script thats suppposedly better than the finished film, not the transcript.

Sorry, but my English aren't that great, so sorry if I missed your point there.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/04/07 12:25 AM

I meant the original script thats suppposedly better than the finished film, not the transcript.

Try this link (below) for the original script:

GODFATHER PART III SCRIPT
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/04/07 03:00 PM

That was the 1979 script that SC shared with us. That's the one that had Anthony as a CIA operative.

Here's the script from May of 1989, submitted just prior to negotiations with Robert Duvall falling through.

GF 3 Script (May 1989)
Posted By: ScarFather

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/04/07 06:33 PM

I have breezed throug the May 1989 script and I like it better.... I like Cicci in there... Tom, of course... some of the dialog is kinds of hokey but on the screen it probably works.... script seems a little "rough" but better foundation than what we got... and oh yeahm everything is "Vincent the bastard" LOL

I didnt like the ZsaZsa character in the GF3 movie... Altobello, eh...

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/04/07 07:58 PM

Thank you so much! I always wanted to read how the film would've turn out with Hagen on the plot...

I know I will enjoy this. Thank you so much, pizzaboy!

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/04/07 08:00 PM

I know I will enjoy this. Thank you so much, pizzaboy!

My pleasure. Welcome to the BB!

Pizza
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/08/07 05:41 PM

Just read through some of the 1989 script. It's amazing that this script was from May 1989 and the film was completed and released by December of 1990, just 1.5 years later. It underwent a lot of changes during that time.

That said, it's still very much like the version we got. Obviously, Tom Hagen was not in it and they changed Willie Cicci to Joey Zasa. The Immobliare deal is still in there as well as the church stuff.

I think that this version with some minor dialog changes would have been a little better, but overall, it's still very similar to the one we got.

So suffice to say, the casting hurt the movie the most, not the script. Had they not gone with Hamilton and Sofia Coppola, Part III would have been much, much better.

And as much as I would have loved to see Hagen back in the movie, from the script it doesn't sound like they had much for him to do.

One thing I feel strongly about is Michael dying at the end. It felt much more tragic with Mary getting it instead of Michael and then Michael regretting his life until he died.

I do like Mike's funeral juxtaposed against the killings though. That would have been different and better than the opera scene.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/09/07 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

I do like Mike's funeral juxtaposed against the killings though. That would have been different and better than the opera scene.

It certainly would have paralleled the Baptism scene in Part 1.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/10/07 05:25 PM

Haven't read it yet.

Question to the mods: Why is this not a sticky thread? It contains the original GFIII script, with Tom Hagen in it. Why is this not a sticky?

If I were a mod, I would surely have this as a sticky...

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/10/07 06:08 PM

Question to the mods: Why is this not a sticky thread? It contains the original GFIII script, with Tom Hagen in it. Why is this not a sticky?

Topics are marked as "sticky" depending on a specific time need or importance AND/OR a general interest to all members. This particular thread has been open for 6 months now and has garnered only a small number of replies (hardly warranting it to be "stickied").

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/10/07 07:28 PM

But its important. Its the original GFIII script! A real look on how things MIGHT'VE been different. Certainly more important than the fantastic GF sequel thats a sticky.

It shouldn't just dissapear into oblivion, especially when new members in the future may want to access this easily.

Its the sensical move.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/10/07 07:29 PM

But its important. Its the original GFIII script! A real look on how things MIGHT'VE been different. Certainly more important than the fantastic GF sequel thats a sticky.

It shouldn't just dissapear into oblivion, especially when new members in the future may want to access this easily.

Its the sensical move.

It's the way Pop wanted it.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/10/07 08:17 PM

It ain't the way I wanted it!!!!

\:D

Seriously though, this topic isn't THAT important. But the link alone to the original script of GFIII...

This topic DEMANDS to be sticky. Don't you see?

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/11/07 02:33 AM

This topic DEMANDS to be sticky.

Uh, Kokotas -- you can have my answer now if you like. My offer is this -- nothing. Not even a sticky for the link to the GFIII script, which I would appreciate if you would personally put in your own favorite places.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/11/07 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

This topic DEMANDS to be sticky.

Uh, Kokotas -- you can have my answer now if you like. My offer is this -- nothing. Not even a sticky for the link to the GFIII script, which I would appreciate if you would personally put in your own favorite places.

Don Cardi, Don Cardi... What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?

In any way, compare the important of the Godfather sequel thread with the Original GFIII script thread. Which one can actually contribute to such questions as "What if Tom Hagen was in GFIII?" and "what if Michael died in GFIII?"?

I ask you this, seriously.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/11/07 12:47 PM

Our Consigliere SC has already been curteous enough to take the time and explain to you why we do not make these kinds of topics into stickys. As a loyal soldier in his regime, I agree with and therefore support the decision not to make this topic a sticky.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/11/07 06:18 PM

This is crazy. The most sought out script of a GF film, and a REAL window to how things might've been different in GFIII, and its allowed to be ignored and what not.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/11/07 06:20 PM

Let it go, it's there for you to read when you like. That's all that matters.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/11/07 06:23 PM

Sure, but what if future members wanna read it, and no one can direct them there, and none of us are here to help out?

I am making a point out of this, because there's a dozen of conversations about Hagen and GFIII, and this script answers them. With no shred of a doubt.

Isn't that right, pizzaboy?

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/11/07 06:27 PM

I agree to a point.

The bottom line is that it never made it into the movie. Just like many parts of Part 2 didn't make it in (ex. Hagen having an affair with Sonny's widow).

We can only form our opinions based on the final cuts.

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/11/07 07:26 PM

I am making a point out of this,

Actually, you're making an issue out of this.

Don Geoff has provided links to his various GF websites, links to the scripts, and a SEARCH feature that will find ANY topic that's been brought up and discussed in the past.

So if we all happen to get wacked, killed or whatever and are no longer here to help the newcomers, then they can use the SEARCH feature that's been provided here to find out if something has already been discussed in the past.

But until then, I strongly suggest that you enjoy these boards, have fun discussing different topics, and asking all the legitimate questions that you may have related to the thread that you are posting in.

Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 06/13/07 06:31 PM

Well, I glanced over the 1979 script that had Tony Adams as a CIA agent. Glad THAT one didn't get made!

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 08/22/07 11:59 AM

I'm also glad they didn't make that one... Quite bad.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 08/22/07 01:46 PM

I enjoyed the script, but it seemed even more jumbled than GFIII was, and that's saying something. As for making it stick someplace, let me say that I'm a supersticious man, and if that script should get "stuck" in the trilogy threat, or should it be shot into Godfather Returns, if a lightening bolt puts it in Other Puzo Novels, or if it hangs itself in General Discussion, then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room.
Posted By: Don Al DeBrando

Re: The Original GF 3 Script - 08/20/08 09:21 PM

Sure, but what if future members wanna read it, and no one can direct them there, and none of us are here to help out?

I am making a point out of this, because there's a dozen of conversations about Hagen and GFIII, and this script answers them. With no shred of a doubt.

Isn't that right, pizzaboy?

I agree, if that means anything.

I can't believe this thread is not a sticky. I've been searching for this script for YEARS.

Thank you Enforcer!!

smile
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET