Home

Playstation 2/Screen Ratio

Posted By: Double-J

Playstation 2/Screen Ratio - 05/03/03 12:59 PM

Hi, I my DVD player is a Playstation 2, and I was just wondering if anyone has been successful in switching from the widescreen mode to fullscreen mode, just to try it. I have not been able to convert it (the menu ratio will not convert, I can't get it to change...it says 4:3 full screen, which most likely means its "in" fulsscreen already for my TV, which is 35 inches, but not widescreen), although I've heard people say with their DVD players they were able to switch...is this possible?
Posted By: Hollywood Hagan

Re: Playstation 2/Screen Ratio - 05/12/03 08:45 AM

Don't know anything about PS2, I have an Xbox, and it plays in widescreen no matter what setting I have it on. My TV is not widescreen, by the way. But when I take my DVD's to my buddies house, they play fullscreen on his regular TV. It doesn't look too good. A bit distorted, but watchable. I think it is because his DVD player is poor. All I know is that on the HDTV I have at home, it looks wonerful without the black bars. But now that I'm away at college, the bars are there to stay.
Posted By: Irish_Consigliere

Re: Playstation 2/Screen Ratio - 06/10/03 05:30 PM

I can't rmember exactly, but it seems to me that when I set up my PS2 there was a place to configure a default setting, so you could set it up on a widescreen TV. Look into the settings on the PS2 itself.

Re: Playstation 2/Screen Ratio - 06/10/03 07:15 PM

I think because the GF DVD's are widescreen only, I can't switch to fullscreen. Thanks though. wink
Posted By: B. B. Cheese

Re: Playstation 2/Screen Ratio - 06/12/03 05:24 PM

Originally posted by Double-J:
I think because the GF DVD's are widescreen only, I can't switch to fullscreen. Thanks though. wink
Yes, Hey I like your avator. It's reall swell. Do you know where I could get a nice avator like that? wink

Re: Playstation 2/Screen Ratio - 06/12/03 07:29 PM

Hey thanks, alot of people seem to compliment me on my avatars...

I make them myself, using these two programs:

Jasc\'s Animation Shop

Jasc\'s Paint Shop Pro

cool
Posted By: B. B. Cheese

Re: Playstation 2/Screen Ratio - 06/14/03 05:25 PM

Originally posted by Double-J:
Hey thanks, alot of people seem to compliment me on my avatars...

I make them myself, using these two programs:

Jasc\'s Animation Shop

Jasc\'s Paint Shop Pro

cool
Say. that's reall swell, thanks a lot! smile

Re: Playstation 2/Screen Ratio - 06/14/03 05:29 PM

No problem man. wink
Posted By: Raymondo Corleone

Re: Playstation 2/Screen Ratio - 06/16/03 02:23 AM

I've got a PS2 and a DVD player, and I have tried for a long time to get my PS2 to play in full screen but there is no way to apparently do it. However, on my DVD player, it runs in full screen automatically in it's current set up, so it must be the PS2 that has issues. I think the fullscreen option is for menus and stuff when you're messing with the options and stuff. :-(

Re: Playstation 2/Screen Ratio - 06/16/03 02:25 AM

I've come to the conclusion that despite the fact that it is a higher-end DVD player, it doesn't always express that type of functionality. ohwell
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET