Home

"Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin

Posted By: Scarlett

"Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 03/27/03 03:15 PM

We finally bought a DVD player and I went looking last weekend at Walmart to see what the DVD collection of "The Godfather" costs. OUCH!!!! almost $80.00! Is it really worth that price? That is more than the DVD player cost!!
Is there much that is different from the DVD collection than is in the 3 VHS tape collection? Pros and cons anyone?
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: "Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 03/27/03 05:19 PM

very much worth the price so go get it Scarlett!

GoodFella
Posted By: Scarlett

Re: "Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 03/27/03 06:23 PM

So what does it have that the 3 set VHS collection that runs about 26.00 doesn't, just curious?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: "Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 03/27/03 06:56 PM

At the mall where Lombardi lives, they were selling the VHS trilogy for $20.00.
Posted By: Mardini

Re: "Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 03/27/03 08:56 PM

Well obvisouly the DVD Collection should give you a better sound and picture quality. Plus, it also comes with a 5th DVD that has all the extra features, like most of the deleted scenes and the documentary, as well as pics and a family tree. Believe me, it's worth buying, especially if you're a Godfather fan. I think you can get it for $74.99 at circuitcity. Or you can try and buy it online. Try yahoo shopping, i think they're selling it for $64.99. Good luck.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: "Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 03/28/03 11:49 AM

Shop around Scarlett, that's my best advice. There must be somewhere cheaper now than when it was first released. Try online places, you should find it much cheaper.
Posted By: Frankie 5-angels

Re: "Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 03/30/03 10:23 AM

Play.com are selling the region 1 version for £45.99 (about $65) delivered.

The DVD is well worth investing in if you have a player.

The other option is to get your player converted to multiregion and buy the region 2 version for £32.99 (about $46-47) delivered.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: "Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 03/30/03 08:09 PM

Like everyone else already said, the sound and picture quality is great. When they make DVDs, they usually try to restore the picture and re-master the audio, as they did in this case. Each of the 3 films also has an audio commentary by FFC, which give you great insight into each of the films. There's also the bonus disc, which has hours of great GF info that you wouldn't get on the VHS. But most of all, I think that DVD is just plain better than VHS all around. It's much more compact, and for the VHS trilogy they're all 2 tapes long. In the DVD sets, the only movie that is 2 discs is part II. VHS is on its way out, and DVD is probably going to be the medium of choice for the next 15-20 years. Also, since widescreen TVs will be the norm in the next 3-4 years, you might as well get the widescreen versions now (widescreen is how FFC intended the movies to be shown anyway).
Posted By: Don Ellroy

Re: "Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 04/28/03 07:49 AM

Australia gets it at about $110 which is equal to about $55US. lol
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: "Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 04/28/03 07:00 PM

The extras disc is worth the price of admission by itself. You get the deleted scenes, "The Godfather Family" (making of the film, with Brando's makeup test and DeNiro's screen test--dynamite!); family tree, commentary, tons of other stuff.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: "Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 04/28/03 11:27 PM

Yep, like everyone already said, the DVD collection is worth the price. I've seen it as expensive as $100 USD and as cheap as $60. You just gotta shop around.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: "Godfather"fan vs cheapskate Evil twin - 04/29/03 06:30 PM

Any old movie that your a fan of, is worth getting on DVD no matter how much it is. I have Godfather & Scarface on DVD & can't stand to watch either of them on VHS now! DVD is just so much better, there's no comparsion. Not only that, but as Double-J already suggested, shop around online for a cheaper copy, rather than paying $80. I usually go to BestBuy , eBay , Amazon , and Half.com
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET