Home

The Godfather on TV

Posted By: Don_Inabinette

The Godfather on TV - 11/16/06 12:30 AM

When was the last time the first Godfather was on TV?
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: The Godfather on TV - 11/16/06 01:55 AM

Welcome to the Boards!

This may not be the last word on the subject, but the last showing that I know of was August 6, 2006 on Turner Classic Movies.

Signor V.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Godfather on TV - 11/16/06 06:21 PM

Yes, the Trilogy, individually and in whole, makes regular appearances on US cable channels. Look for the "Saga" version that periodically surfaces on A&E, Bravo and (I think) TBS--it has everything in chronological order and includes all the deleted scenes in the proper places. That's the best version, IMO.
Posted By: flucko

Re: The Godfather on TV - 11/19/06 02:05 AM

Any word of a network airing on the trilogy? I don't mind some of the scenes being edited or cut. UPN used to air it every year during Thanksgiving weekend but now they never air it anymore. I am so disappointed.

Re: The Godfather on TV - 11/19/06 03:29 AM

As I recall, the two networks that seem to air the Saga now and then are Bravo and SpikeTV.

I would check these boards, as well as JGeoff's Gangster TV Listings to see if there are any showings (of any of the GF films - including the Saga) scheduled in the near future.

Signor V.
Posted By: Don_Inabinette

Re: The Godfather on TV - 12/07/06 12:16 AM

yeah AMC shows godfather Part 3 alot but that's all they show
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: The Godfather on TV - 12/13/06 08:11 PM

There should be a Godfather Channel. All Godfather All the time.
Posted By: olivant

Re: The Godfather on TV - 12/14/06 12:08 AM

Including news, sports, and weather.

"And now to our correspondent with the Godfather Olympics in Appalachin. Today he's covering the Button Man competition where the object is to see how fast one can kill, chop up, and dispose of a hit. We've got competitors here today from the underworlds of Mafia, Traid, Kazura, Jamaican, Columbian just to name a few. It's hard to believe that within days after these friendly competitions end, these same people will be killing each other." You get the idea.

Re: The Godfather on TV - 12/14/06 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Don_Inabinette
yeah AMC shows godfather Part 3 alot but that's all they show

It was on last night Wed.. about two in the morning....
Posted By: Mignon

Re: The Godfather on TV - 12/14/06 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
There should be a Godfather Channel. All Godfather All the time.

That would be sweet. Or a Gangster channel. Showing gangster movies and documentarys.
Posted By: ability

Re: The Godfather on TV - 12/19/06 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
Or a Gangster channel. Showing gangster movies and documentarys.

I'm actually VERY surprised this hasn't happened yet.

Re: The Godfather on TV - 12/21/06 07:27 PM

It would be great. You could have classic gangster movies... all the old Cagney and Edward G. Robninson movies....Cop movies with gangsters, comedy Gangster movies like Some Like It Hot, The Freshman, etc, All the contemporary gangster movies, Scorsese movies Scarface, etc, and of course the Godfather.

I'd set it up so that every Saturday or Sunday night was Godfather Night. Showing 1, 2, 3, and also showing it a few times a year in the chroological version....do all kinds of interviews with the cast and FFC.

Also documentaries about real gangsters.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: The Godfather on TV - 12/21/06 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon

That would be sweet. Or a Gangster channel. Showing gangster movies and documentarys.

Mig, that's a brilliant idea. I think that you should write to someone like American Movie Classics or one of the other big cable/stattelite stations. I really think that you are on to something.

Heck, they have a Sci-Fi channel, a game show channel, why not an American Gangster Classics channel?

Go for it Miggy!

Don Cardi

Re: The Godfather on TV - 12/21/06 11:00 PM

... or, how about a Gangster Intervention program or channel where people confront gangsters with their wayward lives and try to get them to change.

... or a reality series where contestants try to escape being whacked by gangsters.
Posted By: The Mob

Re: The Godfather on TV - 01/05/07 05:55 AM

The last time I saw it was a couple of weeks on AMC.
Posted By: exgigirl

Re: The Godfather on TV - 01/12/07 11:35 PM

Tomorrow on Spike TV starting at 2pm, GF1 and GF2 are showing. I'm wondering if all AMC has the rights to show is GF3. Seems 1 and 2 show up on Spike all the time.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Godfather on TV - 01/12/07 11:54 PM

Has everyone seen the "Please don't kill Henry Hill" threads on YouTube ? A failed attempt at a reality show about Henry trying to stay sober. It's actually hysterical.

Re: The Godfather on TV - 01/13/07 11:10 PM

Does anyone know when the expanded version will be shown and which channel seems to have the rights to it?

Re: The Godfather on TV - 01/14/07 12:18 AM

If you're talking about the Saga, I know it's turned up on Bravo from time to time. Not so sure about SPIKE.

According to JG's TV listings page, it doesn't appear to scheduled in the near future.

But I'd check the listings page every so often, just to be sure.

Signor V.

Re: The Godfather on TV - 01/19/07 03:34 PM

Spike just had a Godfather Weekend. And GF III turns up on one of the cable channels, I think AMC a lot.

Personally I don't especially like the television versions of the movies because of the commercials and the "cleaned up" language...especially the scene where Sonny says he doesnt want Michael coming out of the bathroom with a stick in his hands.
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: The Godfather on TV - 01/21/07 06:35 AM

Personally, I would rather not see ANY Godfather movie on TV, or ANY Cable TV channel, where ANY of the words are dubbed out because of censorship.

If I can't watch the classic movies without words being dubbed out, then, No Thanks.

BTY, I think it's extremely inconsistant to have a system that edits a film for "bad" words, and leaves in the "the most graphic blood and violence".

Frankly, I don't know how fans of the film cand accept the kind of sloppy editing that I've seen on channels such as AMC....

Still waiting for the Chronologial Re-Mastered release on to DVD.... Now that's... some editing that I am looking forward to ! ! !
Posted By: ConnieCorleone

Re: The Godfather on TV - 03/04/07 08:06 PM

FYI
SpikeTV is airing GF 1 and GF 2 back to back right now.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET