Home

It Was Barzini all along!!!

Posted By: FrankWhite

It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/06/06 04:57 PM

Greetings... I am a huge fan of this film, but for some sad reason (and i believe this is sad because i've never seen ANYONE else ever ask this question leading me to believe that it's pretty self-explainitory by simply watching the film) i do not know what Vito means when he says this. What was Barzini all along? I feel like i'm really missing something major by not knowing this key point.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/06/06 05:04 PM

Welcome! Sollozzo left the Corleones with the impression that he was backed by Tattaglia, who was not as smart or as strong as the Corleones. However, after the meeting with all the Dons, it was confirmed for Vito that Tattaglia and Barzini were actually working together, which posed a much greater threat to the Family.

Re: It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/06/06 05:24 PM

oooooh ok... makes sense. and Vito got all of this from the dialog between Tataglia (sp?) and Barzini @ the meeting???
Posted By: SC

Re: It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/06/06 05:32 PM

Frank -

One of our esteemed members, Turnbull, gave a great explanation for this very question. Here's a link to that discussion (below). Click on the link:

Turnbull's Explanation of how it was "BARZINI ALL ALONG"

Re: It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/06/06 05:37 PM

Thank you. I was not aware of this explaination, although i have read many of Turnbull's posts and they are all great posts.
Posted By: Oster

Re: It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/08/06 11:18 PM

It's important to note that Vito assumed Tattaglia killed Sonny because tessio's crew had killed Phillip Tattaglia's son, Bruno.

Bruno Tattaglia kills Luca Bratza and then disappears from the film. He is killed off-screen soon thereafter as Tessio notes "We hit Bruno Tattaglia at 4." In the book Bruno Tattaglia is killed by being thrown into an oven.

Vito naturally assumed that Phillip Tattaglia killed Sonny to avenge Bruno's death- but as the meeting plays out he of course comes to realize it was Barazini.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/09/06 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Oster
In the book Bruno Tattaglia is killed by being thrown into an oven.

Was that when Bruno was a baby?

I believe that you may be mixing up the Luca Brasi throwing the baby in the furnace story with the killing of Bruno Tattaglia.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/09/06 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

I believe that you may be mixing up the Luca Brasi throwing the baby in the furnace story with the killing of Bruno Tattaglia.
)

...Or the video game where you kill Bruno by throwing him into an oven.
Posted By: olivant

Re: It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/09/06 07:00 PM

Cardi's right. Check out the novel's story about Luca, the one that Mike was told in Sicily.
Posted By: Ice

Re: It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/09/06 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

)

...Or the video game where you kill Bruno by throwing him into an oven.

You throw Bruno Tattaglia into an oven, really?

Apparently our friend Oster is mixing up the video games and reel life!
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/10/06 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Ice

Yeah. Fun stuff.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: It Was Barzini all along!!! - 11/10/06 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Originally Posted By: Ice

Yeah. Fun stuff.

Yes, you bake it for 3 Days at 350 degrees. Skin should be crispy so for the last hour turn the heat up to 500. Serve on a bed (and I mean a bed) of Pasta. Its an old Sicilian dish called Tattaglia Arrosticcava
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET