Home

Soft focus

Posted By: P. Clemenza

Soft focus - 12/13/02 09:38 AM

I'm sure some people have wanted to ask this question before. The most common criticism of the Godfather DVD is the fact that in some scenes it appears to be in "soft focus". All right, it's only in one scene; the wedding.

Is this scene supposed to be so fuzzy? Every time I see it on the DVD I cringe. I never saw the VHS version, so can someone tell me, was the beginning of the wedding scene always that ugly?
Posted By: sveta van gaal

Re: Soft focus - 12/13/02 01:29 PM

Eh? I didn't find the wedding scene ugly at all (due to the soft focus or lack thereof)....I only wished I could be there guzzling the vino with Clemenza lol

That scene was apparently shot over a period of 2 days with some of the Michael/Kay dialogue scenes having to be shot at night due to lack of time....
Posted By: P. Clemenza

Re: Soft focus - 12/14/02 05:38 AM

It's only about the first minute or so. Especially when you cut to the wedding for the first time; and when the family is lining up for the 1st photograph. I suspect it's meant to look like that.
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: Soft focus - 12/14/02 03:34 PM

Welcome aboard!!

I've never had that problem with the wedding, but then again, I haven't watched the Godfather in a while... three weeks. I have a major problem watching the first hour of Attack of the Clones though, because the focus appears soft.
Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

Re: Soft focus - 12/15/02 12:59 PM

Originally posted by Dream Master:
I haven't watched the Godfather in a while... three weeks.
If I was a moderater, I would have kicked you off by now. (just kidding) lol lol lol
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: Soft focus - 12/15/02 03:17 PM

Very funny, MC14. I just popped it in last night and watched it. grin
Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

Re: Soft focus - 12/15/02 04:00 PM

Originally posted by Dream Master:
Very funny, MC14. I just popped it in last night and watched it. grin
Never mind I sead that. grin
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET