Home

Easter eggs instructions reprint

Posted By: deathkiss

Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/09/02 11:51 PM

For those who are new to the boards, here is a reprint of the "easter eggs" scenes for you to enjoy.
***Merry Christmas***
Easter egg instructions for The Godfather Trilogy Box Set: Francis Ford Coppola's much-acclaimed DVD collection contains a few extras all on the supplemental disc from the set. Go to 'Set Up' and press the right on your remote control. Click on the highlighted globe to see a montage of foreign language clips - strangely funny. Another extra on the same disc: 'Galleries' from the main menu and then 'DVD Credits.' From here, navigate your way to the end by using the next button at the bottom of each page. Once you have gotten to the end, you will be shown to a fantastic clip of The Sopranos trying to watch the bootleg copy of The Godfather DVD. Another hidden feature can be found by visiting the 'Family Tree' section from the main menu and selecting 'Sonny'. From here, select 'Sonny' again and you will be shown his biography. Now, press the left on your remote control to highlight the picture of James Caan and then press Enter to see James Caan’s biography. Now, press the left button key once again to highlight the portrait of him on the left side and press Enter to view a screen test by James Caan for his part. One more: go to the 'Filmmakers' section and select Mario Puzo's biography. From that page, press left on your remote control twice and a large dollar sign will apear - press enter to see why Mario Puzo bothered to write The Godfather.
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/10/02 12:36 AM

Thanks for that, deathkiss. Even though I'm not new...
Posted By: JohnnyC

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/10/02 05:30 AM

Thanks alot,

Merry Christmas to youse, too! grin
Posted By: sveta van gaal

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/10/02 11:53 AM

Wow! Thanks DeathKiss! smile I wondered what the denoted easter egg thingies were in J Geoff's page about the DVD. Tried them out last night and voila! smile Although on the European version we don't get to see the montage of foreign language clips frown

I liked the Sopranos bit lol (at the end of the credits) It was a classic! If it weren't for this post I would never have continued clicking the "next" button in the credits section to find that little gem wink

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/12/02 09:20 PM

No problem
It would be cool if Geoff can put the instructions on the web site
wink
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/13/02 08:43 PM

thanks a lot deathkiss, great!
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/16/02 03:53 AM

Originally posted by Family Honour:
yeah thanks Deathkiss smile I might not be new here but I only recently got my DVD set (the last few months smile ) Thankyou very much, happy christmas to you too grin

FH
Do you guys in England say Happy Christmas instead of Merry Christmas or was it just a typo?
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/16/02 06:06 PM

English is not my 'native' language, but doesn't it matter wether you say merry christmas or happy christmas, you mean the same right? just two ways of saying it...

in Holland we either say "vrolijk kerstfeest" (vrolijk literary means merry) or "gelukkig kerstfeest" (gelukkig means happy, but not as in "the Corleone's happy years" though, but more of emotional happiness)
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/17/02 12:05 AM

[Linked Image] In many UK films and in English literature, "Happy" is used alot. When people, commercials, magazines all use "Merry", one can become immune to the saying.

I find it refreshing to "mix it up" a little, which is a great feature on this board: it's international . Where else can one find daily comaraderie with people all over the globe? This is one reason I return to this site regularly.
smile
Posted By: Special Kay

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/23/02 06:56 PM

Thanks for the walk-through, deathkiss... I just got my Trilogy set last night (opened my presents early, hah) its great to be able to locate the hidden features so early on. =)
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/24/02 12:48 AM

Welcome to the board, Special Kay. What part of CA are you from?
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/24/02 01:40 AM

Originally posted by BronxKing:

I find it refreshing to "mix it up" a little, which is a great feature on this board: it's [b]international
,[/b]
Feliz Navidad!
Buon Natale!
Joyeux Noel!
Maligayang Pasko DC!
Posted By: Michael Barzini

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/24/02 07:51 PM

If you like those DVD easter eggs try this really cool website, it has pretty much everything. www.dvdeastereggs.com

And by the way, Happy Christmas smile
Posted By: Special Kay

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/25/02 11:10 PM

Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
Welcome to the board, Special Kay. What part of CA are you from?
I'm from LA, near Tommy's, [Historic Filipinotown] if you know where that is. =) What about you?

Happy Holidays All!!!!

SK

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/27/02 08:45 PM

Special K!
I love your name and the cereal. Never could get into the eating the wheat barley-type of breakfast cereals.
Posted By: Sonnys Gumar

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/27/02 09:14 PM

Another great site for DVD easter eggs is here:
http://www.dvdreview.com/html/hidden_features.shtml
Enjoy!
Posted By: Sonnys Gumar

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/27/02 09:22 PM

Here's another one..
http://www.dvdeasteregg.com/eastereggs.html
Posted By: TwelveXprophet

Re: Easter eggs instructions reprint - 12/29/02 05:16 AM

yeah thanks the links are appreciated grin