Home

DeNiro got screwed!

Posted By: Calogero

DeNiro got screwed! - 06/19/02 08:09 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that DeNiro's picture should have been on the GF2 DVD instead of Pacino's? Why does Pacino get to have his mug on the GF2 & GF3 DVD?
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/19/02 08:14 AM

His face is on there.Thats why its split into two dvds,so De Niro can be seen.

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/19/02 08:20 AM

I mean on the DVD's themselves.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/19/02 09:46 AM

Don't worry, I don't think it's going to be something De Niro would be too worried about. That aside I do kinda agree with you.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/19/02 01:37 PM

Pacino was the lead actor and Michael Corleone was the main character in Both GF2 and GF3. Though DeNiro's role as young Vito was highly significant in GF2, it was still a supporting role.

Pacino deserves the facetime on both DVDs.

Apple
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/22/02 09:08 PM

Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Pacino was the lead actor and Michael Corleone was the main character in Both GF2 and GF3. Though DeNiro's role as young Vito was highly significant in GF2, it was still a supporting role.

Pacino deserves the facetime on both DVDs.

Apple
TRUE!

In watching the Saga, you'll notice that the DeNiro years of GF2 are 50 Minutes, while the Pacino years of GF2, are over 2 1/2 hours!

I Still LOVE DENiro though!

Whosef ace will be on Godfather 4? DeNiro, Garcia, or DiCaprio! lol
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/22/02 09:11 PM

If there were to be a GF4,the cover of the dvd would be of Al Pacino with 20 facelifts,so he would be able to go back in time.

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/22/02 09:36 PM

It is a good thing they didn't use a current picture of Brando on the Godfather 1 DVD. It would have taken 4 discs just to fit all of him in.

Sorry.
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/23/02 12:05 PM

Now listen to me, you smooth-talking son-of-a-b***h! Let me lay it on the line for you and
your boss, whoever he is. Di Caprio will never get that movie!
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/24/02 06:17 PM

Cologero pls don't be poking fun of Brando and his weight problems.

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/24/02 07:13 PM

Originally posted by the angel of justice:
Now listen to me, you smooth-talking son-of-a-b***h! Let me lay it on the line for you and
Thank god somebody else knows DiCrapio isn';t a Mafioso!

Forget Pacino, he;s not an option for GF4, if he DOES play apart its gonna take abackseat to DeNiro's part (Opposite of GF2!)

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/24/02 07:28 PM

Thank god somebody else knows DiCrapio isn';t a Mafioso!

Forget Pacino, he;s not an option for GF4, if he DOES play apart its gonna take abackseat to DeNiro's part (Opposite of GF2!)
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 06/25/02 04:12 PM

Idk a GFIV should be made specially now that Puzo is gone.
Posted By: Blake

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 07/22/02 08:59 PM

Well he did play a more important role being the don and all. Robert was only a future don lol
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 07/23/02 12:51 AM

lol lol lol lol lol lol
Di Caprio is a lame, lame kid.
Posted By: Almammater

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 07/23/02 01:06 PM

DeNiro got screwed!
Not really since he got the Oscar and not Pacino grin so PACINO got screwed !!! ohwell tongue
Posted By: Don Tony Montana

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 07/23/02 08:40 PM

Originally posted by BronxKing:
[b]Now listen to me, you smooth-talking son-of-a-b***h! Let me lay it on the line for you and
lol lol lol lol lol lol
Di Caprio is a lame, lame kid.[/b]
lol he should stick with titanic type movies.
Posted By: marlon orange

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 07/24/02 05:10 AM

i'm no dicaprio fan....not by a long shot.... but i hope you all have to eat your words about him being a mafiosi when gangs of new york comes out....
not because i want to see leo do well, but god, i need a good scorsese movie so badly, i'll go nuts if this isn't it....
hopefully he'll get that elusive oscar....and hopefully he'll (scorsese) deserve it
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 07/24/02 07:08 AM

Originally posted by Guineapig:
Cologero pls don't be poking fun of Brando and his weight problems.
I agree. Yes, he has grown to be a whale now, but I will always respect him as one of the greatest living actors regardless his weight.

Anton
smile

Hmmm I find myself editing a lot more nowadays, even from simple spelling mistakes such as "wait" and "weight" wink Plus I don't like double posting and I always forget to put in everything I wanted to say.
Posted By: GodYankee

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 07/24/02 09:21 PM

Originally posted by Almammater:
DeNiro got screwed!
Not really since he got the Oscar and not Pacino grin so [b]PACINO got screwed !!!
ohwell tongue [/b]
I know, do you realize/can you believe Pacino never won a single Academy Award for his Godfather performances?!?!
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 07/24/02 10:52 PM

Originally posted by GodYankee:
, do you realize/can you believe Pacino never won a single Academy Award for his Godfather performances?!?![/QB]
This was a travesty. In an interview with Pacino I read somewhere (sorry dont remember where) he was on the street and a woman said to him 'oh hiya Michael' and he realised to her he 'was' Michael how better can you get than that. I just remembered I think the interview was from Al Pacinos Loft.
http://velvet_peach.tripod.com/apacino.html

FH
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 07/25/02 11:10 PM

Originally posted by marlon orange:
i'm no dicaprio fan....not by a long shot.... but i hope you all have to eat your words about him being a mafiosi when gangs of new york comes out....
not because i want to see leo do well, but god, i need a good scorsese movie so badly, i'll go nuts if this isn't it....
hopefully he'll get that elusive oscar....and hopefully he'll (scorsese) deserve it
This may be a bit off topic, but I also have been waiting to see this 'Gangs...' flick, and the authenticity of the setting is fantastic in the trailers. Scorsese had to publicly curse DiCaprio out on the set of 'Gangs...' for coming in late one morning smelling like weed and liquor and looking like he hadn't slept. He ran down the names of people he'd worked with (DiNiro and Pesce included) whom had sacrificed and learned new languages, gained weight and/or trained hard for parts in films along with NEVER making people wait. He then asked the kid in public what made him think he was so high and mighty...him and his stupid sinking boat movie. The director then asked him if he was gay, seeing that the scene that was to be shot that day was DiCaprio kissing Cameron Diaz. Scorsese then demanded a public apology and DiCaprio ashamedly did so. Then to top it off Martin instructed the crew that instead of the kissing scene, DiCaprio had to do a boxing scene with Oscar De Leon on a wharf with no stunt double. I know this sounds like a bunch of trashy gossip,(no...it is a bunch of trashy gossip blush )but the whole transcript of exactly what Scorsese said was in the NY Daily News (or Post) and was so funny I cried. lol
Posted By: TheNextDon

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 09/08/02 09:15 AM

My thought: two discs...two actors. As for Dicrapio...I agree with DTM...he should stick to titanic type movies...yeah, ones where he dies.
TND
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: DeNiro got screwed! - 09/08/02 01:59 PM

Hi,
I watched the movie on VHS before I bought the DVD collection. It was supposed to be the remastered THX version of the movie. On tape 2 there is a problem in the original print. The picture seems to shimy in the background and the picture was a bit distorted. This was in one of the DeNiro scenes involving the old lady and the dog and continued until the Fredo scene.

Paul
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET