Home

Quality of GFIII, GFII DVD vs. others

Posted By: Clemenza's Evil Twin

Quality of GFIII, GFII DVD vs. others - 04/30/02 11:28 PM

Did anyone else notice that the quality seems to stagger a little on some of the scenes in GF III? Some of the GFII scenes are a little grainy too, but it was really noticeable on GFIII.
Posted By: Joe Gunch

Re: Quality of GFIII, GFII DVD vs. others - 05/01/02 11:13 PM

I thought the picture on the first 2 movies were excellent but i thought the third could have been so much better.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Quality of GFIII, GFII DVD vs. others - 05/02/02 02:22 PM

wouldn't it depend on what process they used when filming?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Quality of GFIII, GFII DVD vs. others - 05/28/02 04:32 AM

Originally posted by CamillusDon:
wouldn't it depend on what process they used when filming?
Not necessarily the filming--it's the process of transferring the film to digital ("authoring tools") that counts. And the care they put into the transfer. Example: the audio and video of the DVD of "Apocalypse Now" are disappointing, imhop. But Coppola seemed to have heard complaints: the DVD of "Apocalypse Now Redux," which is the same as above but with 45 minutes of additional material, is much, much better--really spectacular.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Quality of GFIII, GFII DVD vs. others - 05/28/02 10:38 PM

Point noted....Give us what we paided for. The ever best they can give us.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Quality of GFIII, GFII DVD vs. others - 09/15/02 03:19 PM

Hi,
I heard that the DVD for Scarface was terrible. The DVD version is taken from the laserdisk and the quality is very poor.

Paul
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: Quality of GFIII, GFII DVD vs. others - 09/15/02 08:05 PM

The only problem I noticed with Part III is when Michael and Kay are at the table in Chapter 17.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Quality of GFIII, GFII DVD vs. others - 09/15/02 10:19 PM

I thought the DVDs were far too dark. Example: the other night, I was watching the post-Tahoe shooting scene in which Kay, Connie and another woman are huddled in a sitting room, cuddling the children. It's a great scene because you see Kay staring daggers at Michael. I know from earlier tapes that Connie was one of the other women, and I was trying to identify the third. Problem was, scene was so dark that I couldn't even make out Connie's features, much less the other woman's.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET