Home

GF III picture quality

Posted By: Hyman Roth

GF III picture quality - 10/27/01 04:03 AM

After reading several online reveiws of "The DVD Collection", I'm perplexed at several comments concerning the picture quality of GF III. Most of them point out that this is the best of the three movies. While I was in awe over the sharpness and clarity of GF II, GF III is very grainy in many spots. Most notably the scene with Vincent and Joey ZaZa in Michael's office. You can see how grainy it is on the black suits and Vinny's leather jacket. Then there's chapter 17, with some serious uneveness during Kay's reconciliation scene with Michael. It's almost as if they didn't bother looking at this transfer since the film was only eleven years old in comparison to the other two. Of the three films, I find it the most disappointing.

Comments?

ohwell
Posted By: Don Rico

Re: GF III picture quality - 10/27/01 05:52 AM

Need a Godfather 3.1. ohwell
Posted By: Francis The Kid Forducci

Re: GF III picture quality - 10/28/01 07:20 PM

I think the picture for all three of them is fabulous.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: GF III picture quality - 10/29/01 12:26 AM

maybe its the TV.....
Posted By: KayVoy

Re: GF III picture quality - 10/29/01 08:37 PM

Maybe your DVD player needs a cleaning. I'm
finding all of the disc are CRYSTAL clear on my
set. wink
Posted By: Hyman Roth

Re: GF III picture quality - 10/30/01 08:18 PM

It would be one thing if all three movies looked like this but I don't think it's my TV or DVD player. As I said GF II is flawless and GF I is very good for it's age. No one else notices the flashes of white in Chapter 17 (GF III) when Kay and Michael are sitting at the table?
Posted By: joshyz

Re: GF III picture quality - 11/26/01 01:22 AM

Yeah I noticed the same thing on GFIII with Michael and Kay.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET