Home

Alternate Opening toGF3

Posted By: KenCorleone

Alternate Opening toGF3 - 08/31/01 07:47 PM

The "alternate opening to Godfather Part 3" that will be included on the additional materials disc of the Godfather DVD Collection...do you suppose that might be the opening the USA Cable Network airs whenever they show "The Godfather Part 3"? It's about 10-12 mins.long and is basically Michael sitting on a chair on the lawn of the Tahoe estate brooding about the past as a montage of clips from Godfather Part 1 and Part 2 trace the plots of those two movies...then Godfather Part 3 begins as we know it, with views of the abandoned Tahoe estate while Michael's invitation to Mary, Anthony and Kay to attend his Papal honors ceremony is voiced over. Just something to think about....
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 08/31/01 08:19 PM

This came up before in another post. I don't think it was confirmed either way. But I know what you're talking about, and I think those might just be re-caps of the previous Parts introducing Part III. I think Part II had the same thing, re-capping Part I. I don't know if this is what FFC means by "alternate opening" or not... I hope not, I hope it's something totally new! grin

JG
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 08/31/01 09:00 PM

The post regarding IMDB.com confirming that there was an alternate intro for GFIII. I'm pretty sure I saw it before, but the DVD probably has all the other stuff too - it says that before each film or after there is a commentary, so the fifth disc is an overview of all the films pretty much right? Aswell as extra scenes?
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 08/31/01 09:31 PM

Well it should be.Love is in an alternate beginning.
Posted By: Don Noledge

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 08/31/01 09:38 PM

I thought that the commentary was feature length...

noledge

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 08/31/01 09:41 PM

Yeah, each film has a feature-length running commentary on a separate audio track. All the other extras are on the 5th disc...

JG

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 08/31/01 10:01 PM

But what I mean is, are the extra Saga and Trilogy parts in the first 4 discs or in the 5th? I would assume they'd be stuck into the story?

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 08/31/01 10:23 PM

If they were in the story, there wouldn't be much point in the deleted scenes section...

noledge

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 08/31/01 10:42 PM

Well.... they were cut from the originals, part of the story or not.

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 08/31/01 11:59 PM

Again, the movies are the standard movies. All the extras (except the audio commentary) are on the supplemental disc.

JG

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 09/01/01 12:07 AM

That sucks. Oh well, what you gonna do. I'll just have to pretend the fifth disc is a continuation from the four.
Posted By: Wiseguy

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 09/01/01 10:11 AM

Will the deleted footage on the Godfather DVD only consist of the extra scenes from the Trilogy and Saga, or will there be new footage as well? I'm hoping that Michael's murder of Fabritzio with a shotgun will be included!

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 09/01/01 01:38 PM

I hear that! I think thats the only piece of deleted footage I haven't see yet... Apart from that 'mysterious' footage gtom the GF3 trailer...

noledge

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 09/01/01 03:12 PM

Unfortunately, no, that scene was never finished from what I understand. At the press conference, Francis said that "all" the footage we've already seen will be on the suplemental disc, plus one scene we haven't - the alternate GF3 opening.

I don't believe him with the "all" as that would mean tiny little clips of extended scenes and such that I've noticed in the Saga. But I'm sure he means "all"/most of the extra scenes, not necessarily all the footage that has been shown... we'll just have to wait and see...

JG

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 09/01/01 03:14 PM

Don't get me wrong - you will not be disappointed! smile

JG
Posted By: SammyTheGroin

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 09/04/01 03:11 PM

One of the first things Im gonna do after I get the DVD collection, is make my own copy, using the DVD's, on videotape, of the whole thing, in chronological order...since this is the only thing that is missing from the DVD set. After I make it, I wont watch it for a while, then gonna come back and watch it to try and get a new perspective on the whole thing.

"The" Groin
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 09/05/01 02:49 AM

Originally posted by noledge24:
I hear that! I think thats the only piece of deleted footage I haven't see yet... Apart from that 'mysterious' footage gtom the GF3 trailer...

noledge

what mysterious footage? Did I miss something?
Posted By: Don Parchesi

Re: Alternate Opening toGF3 - 09/07/01 06:36 PM

one of the things I'm looking forward to most is the commentary track on each disc. It could be a great opportunity for FFC to clear up some of those "why did so-and-so do such-and-such?" questions.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET