Home

Fast service at the Vatican...

Posted By: Researcher

Fast service at the Vatican... - 12/19/03 11:19 PM

This is something I must nitpick, it's always really bugged me...
Watch Godfather 3. When Mike has a diabetic attack in Sicily, he asks the Cardinal if he can be brought some candy or juice. The Cardinal translates this order to the young priest. Watch how QUICKLY this priest returns with a tray of orange juice in jugs, and candy bars. In about five seconds, he has reached the kitchens of the Vatican, dug out some candy bars from the cupboards, found some orange juice, poured it into a jug, placed the candy bars, the jug, and the glass on the tray, and brought it back to Mike. Insane, no?

Someone can argue that the juice and candy was already prepared for Mike, under the knowledge that he may suffer a diabetic attack. But it isn't a regular occurance, and the cardinal had no idea what was happening when it did. And telling people wherever you go to have some juice and candy ready in case your diabetes kicks in is like asking them to have a glass of water ready in case you get hiccups.

I know this may just be a simple error but it drives me crazy everytime I see it, and I have to nitpick this once. wink
Posted By: The Ant

Re: Fast service at the Vatican... - 12/19/03 11:43 PM

maybe the vatican has vending machines... smile
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Fast service at the Vatican... - 12/20/03 01:18 AM

The movie was already long enough without FFC having to add 10 - 15 minutes of Michael suffering until they rounded up candy bars and orange juice.
Anyway, this kind of deus ex machina is common in films. Ever notice how people always immediately find parking spaces in midtown Manhattan, downtown LA, etc.?
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Fast service at the Vatican... - 12/20/03 03:30 AM

I thought there was a tray already off to the side that had organge juice on it, but I don't know if the candy bars were on that tray. I could have sworn remembering to seeing glasses of orange juice though set aside.
Posted By: AngelaMarie

Re: Fast service at the Vatican... - 12/20/03 01:48 PM

that's funny.....I never noticed before. You're right. I think a lot of movies do that though. Although I don't remember a scene in the other Godfather films when that's done.
Posted By: Valadius

Re: Fast service at the Vatican... - 12/20/03 10:30 PM

First of all, this is NOT at the Vatican. It's in Palermo, or wherever Cardinal Lamberto lived. Second of all, it's pretty likely that the kitchen was right off the courtyard, and all one had to do was run in and grab a tray of food.

Re: Fast service at the Vatican... - 12/20/03 10:31 PM

First of all, this is NOT at the Vatican. It's in Palermo, or wherever Cardinal Lamberto lived. Second of all, it's pretty likely that the kitchen was right off the courtyard, and all one had to do was run in and grab a tray of food.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Fast service at the Vatican... - 12/21/03 12:21 PM

Originally posted by AngelaMarie:
I think a lot of movies do that though. Although I don't remember a scene in the other Godfather films when that's done.
They got their food pretty quick Louis' restaurant.

Re: Fast service at the Vatican... - 12/21/03 08:55 PM

There were about four people in Louis's restaurant!!! The chef could have easily made their food in minutes!!!
Posted By: Researcher

Re: Fast service at the Vatican... - 12/21/03 09:14 PM

You're right, it isn't in the vatican, and what's more, I already knew that...so why the hell did I write that? confused That's really weird. Thanks for pointing it out though...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET