GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 574 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,437
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,429
Posts1,060,843
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link #1090055
05/15/24 03:07 PM
05/15/24 03:07 PM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline OP
Capo
Malavita  Offline OP
M
Capo
Paris
Robert Fico, Prime Minister of Slovakia (Central Europe) has been shot today.

He is known for his shady role regarding two Slovakian journalists who were killed in 2018 while investigating the connection between the N'Drangheta and his government.

That's just my opinion but I wouldn't rule out some kind of involvement of the N'Drangheta. Shooting a state leader in Europe is very rare and surely it's no coincidence that the state leader who happened to get shot today was known for his links to the N'Drangheta and his connection to a high profile killing linked to the N'Drangheta.

Last edited by Malavita; 05/15/24 03:11 PM.
Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: Malavita] #1090058
05/15/24 03:34 PM
05/15/24 03:34 PM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
I'd urge a little caution in rushing to judgement.

While your premise is plausible, and may well turn out to be the truth, it's just conjecture at this point.

Remember when news of Frank Cali broke how it was going to be this biggest mob hit in three decades? Turns out it was just a crank.

There could be any number of plausible suspects...we shall see. I'd personally cast doubt on a crime group hitting an EU head of government; they know the response they're going to get in kind is going to include scrutiny not just from law enforcement but from intelligence networks, NATO, the CIA, you name it. Is that really worth it?

One thing for sure: if your hunch turns out to be right and it is the N'Drangheta behind this, it will propel them all the further into the pantheon of elite organized crime globally.

Last edited by eastsideofvan; 05/15/24 03:35 PM.
Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: Malavita] #1090059
05/15/24 03:38 PM
05/15/24 03:38 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Fico def has some real shady connections (this is his third term I think) very pro Russia and with the war in Ukraine en upcoming EU elections in June anything is possible.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: Malavita] #1090061
05/15/24 03:56 PM
05/15/24 03:56 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The police have arrested a 71-year-old suspect.

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: eastsideofvan] #1090062
05/15/24 04:00 PM
05/15/24 04:00 PM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline OP
Capo
Malavita  Offline OP
M
Capo
Paris
Originally Posted by eastsideofvan

While your premise is plausible, and may well turn out to be the truth, it's just conjecture at this point.

Remember when news of Frank Cali broke how it was going to be this biggest mob hit in three decades? Turns out it was just a crank.

For sure, that's why i said that it was only my opinion. I certainly would not ruled out other leads but i thought it was interesting to point out that the firsst european state leader to be shot in years happens to be linked to the N'Drangheta.

The Mocro Mafia is known to have planned killings or abduction of political leaders in Belgium and Holland but they haven't succedded so far. So it's not a new thing for OC group in Europe to target political leaders.

To be honest, i don't necessarily think the N'Drangheta is directly behind it but i would assess that there is a good possibility this shooting is somehow linked to them.

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: Malavita] #1090065
05/15/24 04:16 PM
05/15/24 04:16 PM
Over Here < < in TX
U talkin' da me ?? Offline
Shiny Brass
U talkin' da me ??  Offline
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: Malavita] #1090066
05/15/24 04:23 PM
05/15/24 04:23 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I just heard the suspect, he said he rejected the policies of Fico. About 35 to 50% of Slovakia is actually pro-Russia and critical of the West. The guy is a writer I heard, but I wouldn't rule out a conspiracy yet.

Last edited by Hollander; 05/15/24 04:25 PM.

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #1090067
05/15/24 04:31 PM
05/15/24 04:31 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by U talkin' da me ??

Lol there are about a hundred things that could kick off WW III, but I doubt a politician from a small country which the average joe barely realizes even exists getting shot by some senile nutcase is one of those things.

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1090071
05/15/24 04:54 PM
05/15/24 04:54 PM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
Franz Ferdinand may disagree!

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

Lol there are about a hundred things that could kick off WW III, but I doubt a politician from a small country which the average joe barely realizes even exists getting shot by some senile nutcase is one of those things.

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: eastsideofvan] #1090075
05/15/24 05:05 PM
05/15/24 05:05 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Franz Ferdinand may disagree!

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

The difference is that Austria-Hungary (as unbelievable as it may sound nowadays) was actually considered a great power in Europe before WWI kicked off. And Franz Ferdinand was the heir to the throne back in a time when a nation and being a heir to a throne actually meant something.

That's not the same situation as a politician from a country nobody truly gives a shit about getting shot in a time where deep down not a single person in Europe truly gives a solitary fuck about some politician.

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: Malavita] #1090079
05/15/24 05:48 PM
05/15/24 05:48 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Nah this is not big enough for WW III, but with all the stuff going on in the world it doesn't help.
This is more Cold war stuff.

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: Malavita] #1090128
05/16/24 08:49 AM
05/16/24 08:49 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Malavita

For sure, that's why i said that it was only my opinion. I certainly would not ruled out other leads but i thought it was interesting to point out that the firsst european state leader to be shot in years happens to be linked to the N'Drangheta.

The Mocro Mafia is known to have planned killings or abduction of political leaders in Belgium and Holland but they haven't succedded so far. So it's not a new thing for OC group in Europe to target political leaders.

To be honest, i don't necessarily think the N'Drangheta is directly behind it but i would assess that there is a good possibility this shooting is somehow linked to them.

in the past several politicians were killed by OC in Europe, especially in Italy; in 1991 the murder of the belgian politician Andree Cools was carried out by the Sicilian mafia

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: m2w] #1090129
05/16/24 10:13 AM
05/16/24 10:13 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by m2w

in the past several politicians were killed by OC in Europe, especially in Italy; in 1991 the murder of the belgian politician Andree Cools was carried out by the Sicilian mafia

In some sources says that was the sicilian mafia in another the ndrangheta in other was a political revenge.
Anyway the ndrangheta can easly pay for made his politican as Prime Minister,why kill Fico?

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: furio_from_naples] #1090132
05/16/24 10:53 AM
05/16/24 10:53 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by m2w

In some sources says that was the sicilian mafia in another the ndrangheta in other was a political revenge.
Anyway the ndrangheta can easly pay for made his politican as Prime Minister,why kill Fico?

the murder of Cools was probably ordered by another politician; concerning the attempted murder of Fico police arrested a 71 years old, i don't think the Ndrangheta is involved

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: Malavita] #1090226
05/17/24 04:00 PM
05/17/24 04:00 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

How ties to Italy’s Mafia brought Robert Fico’s second term to an abrupt end in Slovakia
NICK SQUIRES
15 May 2024 at 8:14 pm

The placard seemed to express the fury of a nation.

As tens of thousands of people took to the streets calling for Robert Fico to resign as prime minister of Slovakia in 2018, one protester had scrawled the words “mafia prostitute” across a strip of cardboard.

Mr Fico was depicted in the striped black-and-white uniform of a prisoner – an indication the crowds wanted him jailed over the murder of Jan Kuciak, an investigative journalist who had been exploring links between government advisers and organised crime.

Kuciak was shot dead along with his fiancée at their home outside Bratislava, provoking a wave of horror in a nation that had become almost inured to stories of corruption.

The 27-year-old journalist had been investigating alleged links between government figures and the ‘Ndrangheta, the powerful Italian mafia based in the southern region of Calabria.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/ties-ita...ZOIUTWLG45RdLh9dMBm433taaBW8CcRv8ZLwcaLp

Re: Slovakian PM shot. Possible N'Drangheta link [Re: Malavita] #1090250
05/17/24 09:25 PM
05/17/24 09:25 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I'm old enough to knew Czechoslovakia, do they want to go back to Soviet times lol?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull