Home

Michael Mann

Posted By: Hollander

Michael Mann - 02/20/24 01:36 AM

He's getting there in age like Scorsese, will he ever make the Giancana-Accardo movie???

Underrated movie.

Posted By: Giacalone

Re: Michael Mann - 02/25/24 04:14 PM

They need to finish Idol's Eye, the movie about the guys who broke into Accardo's home

Re: Michael Mann - 02/26/24 11:34 PM

Mann growing up in Chicago was very passionate about the project, I believe him and Don Winslow were first working on a novel/book about Accardo and Giancana only then it can become a filmproject. I believe Mann has also access to private stuff, because he's in contact with Accardo's family.
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Michael Mann - 03/06/24 05:34 PM

Heat is one of the best movies of all time. Miami Vice was the best show on tv.

Re: Michael Mann - 04/09/24 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by RushStreet
Heat is one of the best movies of all time. Miami Vice was the best show on tv.

100% Miami Vice was the shit the whole family watching every week haha..

Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Michael Mann - 04/10/24 06:16 AM

Yep we watched religiously but of course it was all we had because we only had an over the air antenna LOL

Miami Vice and Crime Story were excellent back then
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Michael Mann - 04/10/24 06:10 PM

There has never been a crime drama on tv that is as good as Miami Vice and more than likely never will be! Makes me want to put on an White Suit, some loafers without socks and head down to South Beach this weekend!

Re: Michael Mann - 04/10/24 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Yep we watched religiously but of course it was all we had because we only had an over the air antenna LOL

In Holland we only had 2 public TV channels and some German and Belgian, way before commercial TV made it's entrance with MTV Europe in 1987 followed in 1988 by others.

LOL we always had problems with those antennas and we had no remote control yet..
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Michael Mann - 04/10/24 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by RushStreet
There has never been a crime drama on tv that is as good as Miami Vice and more than likely never will be! Makes me want to put on an White Suit, some loafers without socks and head down to South Beach this weekend!

I take it you've never seen the FX show THE SHIELD?

Re: Michael Mann - 04/11/24 06:23 PM

L.A. STILT HOUSE
ICONIC CLIFFSIDE HOME FROM 'HEAT'
On Sale For $1.18M

https://www.tmz.com/2024/04/11/la-stilt-house-heat-movie-sale-al-pacino-robert-deniro/
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Michael Mann - 04/15/24 12:36 AM

Thief is my favorite of his films

Re: Michael Mann - 04/15/24 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by JCrusher
Thief is my favorite of his films

Criminally underrated !
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Michael Mann - 04/21/24 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by dixiemafia

In Holland we only had 2 public TV channels and some German and Belgian, way before commercial TV made it's entrance with MTV Europe in 1987 followed in 1988 by others.

LOL we always had problems with those antennas and we had no remote control yet..

My old man had a remote in those days, they were me or my brother lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET