GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Lou_Para, m2w, 1 invisible), 673 guests, and 47 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,439
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,432
Posts1,060,867
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Spider-Man 2 #222022
07/02/04 10:03 PM
07/02/04 10:03 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

My friend just bought this for GCN, and I have the first one for PS2. Lemme just say this...people have given this game glowing reviews, and after playing with it, some features are cool and others are downright annoying.

Graphics: Wow, you can go all around NYC without load times. Pretty cool. Too bad the rendering is kinda poor imho, GTA puts this to shame...which is sad. Player models are also poor, and the FMV are also terrible as far as lip synching goes.

Gameplay: Didn't like the control. The webswinging is fun at times and then absolutely frustrating at the next. Not as "tight" as I would like. The idea of free roaming like GTA is very cool, with random events and battles and such. Fighting engine, what little I've seen of it, is kinda downgraded from last year. You can still get/buy combos and upgrades, but they aren't worth it because you spend most of your time smashing buttons. "Bullet time" is automatic, though you can slow stuff down even further with "spidey-time" or something which makes everything SUPER-slo-mo, kinda neat.

Sound: Not terrible, but it's a tad corny..."Spider-Man...there's a robbery! Where? Over there! It's a robbery!" Well duh asshole, you are staring right at it. Do they need to draw you a picture? :p

---

I haven't spent enough time with it, but for the 30-45 minutes I saw, I really am glad I didn't sell my first one and buy the new one.

Re: Spider-Man 2 #222023
07/06/04 07:49 PM
07/06/04 07:49 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
I enjoyed this more than the first simply because of the free-roam feature. I enjoy being able to play and just going around and taking care of smaller crimes like car jackers and pick-pocketers. If I'm stuck on a mission then I just go around patrolling the streets taking care of such matters, until I want to go try the mission again.

I do admit the graphics (and etc.) are a little bad but with all these new features I can just go around playing this longer. The only things I can think that would make it even better (game play wise, not graphically) would be the ability to Web zip up to a ceiling, and if there were secret characters you could play as, with their powers, like in the first one. I always enjoyed the first one when I was playing as the Green Goblin more then I did spidey. I just thought it was fun to toy with his gadgets and the glider was always fun to take out for a spin, not to mention the super-sprint feature, where you could run at a speed high enough to inflict damage onto an enemy when chargin into them. It'd be interesting to play as Doc Ock or Vulture.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull