GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (m2w, Toodoped, 2 invisible), 701 guests, and 80 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,439
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,432
Posts1,060,867
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The "Little Lamb of the Cross” #1090078
05/15/24 05:47 PM
05/15/24 05:47 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/aniello-dellacroce/

“Often Imitated. Never Duplicated. Button Guys of The New York Mafia...There’s only one!”

Last edited by NYMafia; 05/15/24 05:51 PM.
Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: NYMafia] #1090105
05/15/24 09:13 PM
05/15/24 09:13 PM
H
Havana Offline
Button
Havana  Offline
H
Button
What specific towns or provinces in Italy were Dellacroce and his wife or their families ariginally from?

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: Havana] #1090124
05/16/24 07:44 AM
05/16/24 07:44 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Havana
What specific towns or provinces in Italy were Dellacroce and his wife or their families ariginally from?

I never researched it, but I believe the family originated in the Campania region of Southern Italy.

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: NYMafia] #1090140
05/16/24 11:46 AM
05/16/24 11:46 AM
H
Havana Offline
Button
Havana  Offline
H
Button
Originally Posted by NYMafia

I never researched it, but I believe the family originated in the Campania region of Southern Italy.

Also had read several timres in the past that Dellacroce wasNeapolitan with roots from Naples,which of course often meant Campania ,maybe even beyond
However a video on Angelo Ruggiero stated that Ruggiero's family was from Calabria and that he was a blood relative of Dellacroce

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: Havana] #1090145
05/16/24 01:27 PM
05/16/24 01:27 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Also had read several timres in the past that Dellacroce wasNeapolitan with roots from Naples,which of course often meant Campania ,maybe even beyond
However a video on Angelo Ruggiero stated that Ruggiero's family was from Calabria and that he was a blood relative of Dellacroce

Yes, Campania Province is largely considered "napolitani." And those from Calabria (which is side by side with Campania) often travel, move, relocate, etc., etc., so although they are distinct in nature, they also often overlap. Hence the alliance of "Southern Italians" in America, as opposed to the Sicilians, who came from an island unto themselves, and keep more to themselves, early on, until the later amalgamation of ALL factions into "Cosa Nostra."

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: NYMafia] #1090147
05/16/24 01:54 PM
05/16/24 01:54 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
My favorite mob boss next to Gotti, Casso, and LaPietra! Thank you for this excellent write up!

Last edited by RushStreet; 05/16/24 01:54 PM.
Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: RushStreet] #1090157
05/16/24 03:28 PM
05/16/24 03:28 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by RushStreet
My favorite mob boss next to Gotti, Casso, and LaPietra! Thank you for this excellent write up!

You're welcome, RushStreet.

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: NYMafia] #1090164
05/16/24 04:07 PM
05/16/24 04:07 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Here's a little chewing gum for the brain:
We know that Neil would never have sanctioned a hit on Big Paul as long as he was alive.

So let's say that Neil lived another 10 years,and Paulie went away on the Rico case.
Would Neil claim the top spot,or would he support Gotti as the new Boss?

Neil had the respect of the Gambino's and would have probably been voted in.
But what if he didn't want the heat and aggravation?

With Neil's backing,and a conventional vote,I think Gotti would have had a great shot at the top seat.
Even Chin would have been OK with a vote,as opposed to the murder of a sitting Boss.

As a bonus,Neil would know that he would have tremendous behind the scenes influence on Gotti's reign.
More money,more power,and unlimited possibilities. For him,it would be the best-case scenario,

Just a hypothetical premise. Whatta you guys think?

Last edited by Lou_Para; 05/16/24 04:09 PM.
Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: NYMafia] #1090166
05/16/24 04:24 PM
05/16/24 04:24 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
I know people will disagree with me but I think Neil would have made a better boss than Gotti in the long run.

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: Lou_Para] #1090167
05/16/24 04:25 PM
05/16/24 04:25 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Lou_Para
Here's a little chewing gum for the brain:
We know that Neil would never have sanctioned a hit on Big Paul as long as he was alive.

So let's say that Neil lived another 10 years,and Paulie went away on the Rico case.
Would Neil claim the top spot,or would he support Gotti as the new Boss?

Neil had the respect of the Gambino's and would have probably been voted in.
But what if he didn't want the heat and aggravation?

With Neil's backing,and a conventional vote,I think Gotti would have had a great shot at the top seat.
Even Chin would have been OK with a vote,as opposed to the murder of a sitting Boss.

As a bonus,Neil would know that he would have tremendous behind the scenes influence on Gotti's reign.
More money,more power,and unlimited possibilities. For him,it would be the best-case scenario,

Just a hypothetical premise. Whatta you guys think?

Even if Castellano live and got convicted, and got the 100 years in jail like all the other NYC bosses (Commission members,) he would have retained power while in prison, and just have appointed "Acting" positions as need be.

But, for the sake of discussion, assuming that he did "step down" as boss, then....

I think that whatever would have happened, Dellacroce would have been the "true" power behind the curtain. And thats whether or not Gotti ever came to power. For my money, a guy like Gotti would have never been voted in, in a million years. And if he had, it was because everybody, in the know, knew, that he was just Dellacroce's proxy.

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: NYMafia] #1090172
05/16/24 04:36 PM
05/16/24 04:36 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Like I said before Neil would have been an excellent choice to lead that family. Also when Gotti was boss I believe Neil was calling the shots anyway.

Last edited by RushStreet; 05/16/24 04:37 PM.
Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: RushStreet] #1090175
05/16/24 04:41 PM
05/16/24 04:41 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

I know people will disagree with me but I think Neil would have made a better boss than Gotti in the long run.

I don't disagree with you, at all, Rush.

In fact, Dellacroce would have made an excellent Family boss. "Unofficially" he was, essentially, always viewed that way, anyway.

Now, to the contrary, I think that Gotti was a terrible boss. IMO, he had all brawn, and no brains.

Did he make a good soldier? Yes, definitely! Did he make for a good capo? So long as he followed the tutelage of a guy like Dellacroce, yes, he would make a good capo. But a boss? No way! No how!.....and the proof of that is in the pudding as they say.

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: NYMafia] #1090177
05/16/24 04:57 PM
05/16/24 04:57 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss

In fact, Dellacroce would have made an excellent Family boss. "Unofficially" he was, essentially, always viewed that way, anyway.

Now, to the contrary, I think that Gotti was a terrible boss. IMO, he had all brawn, and no brains.

Did he make a good soldier? Yes, definitely! Did he make for a good capo? So long as he followed the tutelage of a guy like Dellacroce, yes, he would make a good capo. But a boss? No way! No how!.....and the proof of that is in the pudding as they say.

Gotti should have been kept at Capo and focused on running his own crew. Neil should have been the BOSS of that family.

Happy you agree with me.

Last edited by RushStreet; 05/16/24 04:58 PM.
Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: NYMafia] #1090182
05/16/24 05:30 PM
05/16/24 05:30 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
If ol Neil, Bilotti and Costellano all lived, I'm pretty sure Neil was going away with Paul on the Commission Trial. Paul would've left Bilotti in charge. Gotti would have to be taken out. He never gave up the tapes.

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: blueracing347] #1090184
05/16/24 05:40 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by blueracing347
If ol Neil, Bilotti and Costellano all lived, I'm pretty sure Neil was going away with Paul on the Commission Trial. Paul would've left Bilotti in charge. Gotti would have to be taken out. He never gave up the tapes.

So you think Gotti would have been whacked?

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: NYMafia] #1090185
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
I think Neil had control of only three crews out of about 20.

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: RushStreet] #1090192
05/16/24 06:52 PM
05/16/24 06:52 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Gotti should have been kept at Capo and focused on running his own crew. Neil should have been the BOSS of that family.

Happy you agree with me.

No doubt.

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: RushStreet] #1090251
05/17/24 10:27 PM
05/17/24 10:27 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

. I don’t think many will disagree. We know Gotti wasn’t a good boss. However I’ve always said I don’t think Neil would’ve been a good boss either. I understand why Carlo made that decision. As respected as Neil was he was constantly under investigation or in and out of court too

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: JCrusher] #1090254
05/18/24 03:12 AM
05/18/24 03:12 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher

. I don’t think many will disagree. We know Gotti wasn’t a good boss. However I’ve always said I don’t think Neil would’ve been a good boss either. I understand why Carlo made that decision. As respected as Neil was he was constantly under investigation or in and out of court too

I agree. I think it's perfectly understandable why Gambino put Castellano in charge instead of Dellacroce. Dellacroce was a gangster's gangster, but at the time few if any came close to Castellano's business acumen. On paper, the direction Castellano wanted to take the Gambinos in was the right direction; with the family in the front gaining increasing influence in the white collar sphere while in the back you'd still have the traditional blue collar rackets going on albeit in a slightly less abrasive upfront way. There was still plenty of blue collar activity going on under Castellano and it wouldn't have gone away either. He still was an incredibly dangerous guy who ordered a ton of hits and while Dellacroce may have been the authority figure of a certain faction within the family, Castellano still had the backing and support of a ton of old timers, earners as well as hitters.

Castellano's primary mistake was being a greedy fuck (even in comparison to other bosses) and acting like a rich douchebag that already thought he was running a Fortune 500 company. His second major mistake was being a snob to and underestimating the bravado of what was still an important and respected faction of the family.

On paper Carlo Gambino had every reason to appoint Castellano as his successor.

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: NYMafia] #1090256
05/18/24 03:55 AM
05/18/24 03:55 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

That was a good analysis and assessment of the players involved, and the overall Gambino Family landscape.

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1090290
05/18/24 01:13 PM
05/18/24 01:13 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

I agree. I think it's perfectly understandable why Gambino put Castellano in charge instead of Dellacroce. Dellacroce was a gangster's gangster, but at the time few if any came close to Castellano's business acumen. On paper, the direction Castellano wanted to take the Gambinos in was the right direction; with the family in the front gaining increasing influence in the white collar sphere while in the back you'd still have the traditional blue collar rackets going on albeit in a slightly less abrasive upfront way. There was still plenty of blue collar activity going on under Castellano and it wouldn't have gone away either. He still was an incredibly dangerous guy who ordered a ton of hits and while Dellacroce may have been the authority figure of a certain faction within the family, Castellano still had the backing and support of a ton of old timers, earners as well as hitters.

Castellano's primary mistake was being a greedy fuck (even in comparison to other bosses) and acting like a rich douchebag that already thought he was running a Fortune 500 company. His second major mistake was being a snob to and underestimating the bravado of what was still an important and respected faction of the family.

. Absolutely. Paul’s biggest flaw was his greed. Also I think the Frank Piccolo situation certainly didn’t help his standing in the family. However I do think Paul staying away from the streets and sticking to white collar crimes was a better recipe for success whereas Neil would’ve still be in the streets and attracting more attention like he was as underboss

Re: The "Little Lamb of the Cross” [Re: JCrusher] #1090291
05/18/24 02:04 PM
05/18/24 02:04 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

. Absolutely. Paul’s biggest flaw was his greed. Also I think the Frank Piccolo situation certainly didn’t help his standing in the family. However I do think Paul staying away from the streets and sticking to white collar crimes was a better recipe for success whereas Neil would’ve still be in the streets and attracting more attention like he was as underboss

Definitely. Neil attracted plenty of heat and as a street guy his reputation was possibly too notorious.

Another thing that didn't help Castellano either was his whole infidelity situation. Wiseguys are notoriously known for having mistresses, but the way Castellano handled it came across as too entitled. He got a penile implant just so he could bang his Colombian maid who - let's face the facts here - wasn't even hot. There's literally millions of scorchingly hot Colombian women out there, you're the filthy rich boss of a major crime family and you wind up with a side chick that isn't even averagely attractive. Adding insult to injury is the fact that he was shagging her under the same roof where his wife lived.

Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 05/18/24 02:05 PM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull