Home

Beverly Hills Cop IV

Posted By: Giacalone

Beverly Hills Cop IV - 12/16/23 06:35 PM

My previous thread seems to have vanished, but the teaser is out! Nice to see Taggart again lol

Posted By: Hollander

Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV - 12/17/23 10:58 PM

Looks good I had them on VHS, Eddie Murphy is always great lol.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV - 12/17/23 11:31 PM

I love the BEVERLY HILLS COP trilogy but I'm pessimistic about this after the first trailer. I'll still watch it but more times than not, "revitalizing" these franchises after 30+ years is seldom a good idea.

Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV - 12/18/23 12:19 AM

I hear ya, Irish. I'm certainly not expecting a masterpiece, but I like that the old gang is back for one more ride. I will say this though, and I know many will disagree with me, but I would rather see Beverly Hills Cop 4 than Lethal Weapon 5
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV - 12/18/23 01:09 AM

Yep, the first films were also not master pieces, but they were representing the 1980s just fun.

Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV - 05/29/24 12:08 AM

Boo Yaaa!!! Oh this brings a smile to my face. July 3 ladies

Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV - 05/29/24 05:10 AM

I’ll watch it but don’t have high hopes for it

Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV - 05/29/24 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by dixiemafia

Oh I wouldn't have high hopes, but as someone who grew up on those films, I am just happy to see the old gang one more time

Hell, I thought the third one was pretty bad, but it was still somewhat enjoyable. A lot of it has to do with nostalgia and being fine with mindless nonsense in a world that's a little too serious at times

Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV - 05/31/24 09:37 PM

Trust me I was growing up in that time too and enjoyed them, it just seems lately with these remakes of popular 80-90’s movies they miss entirely. I hope I’m wrong
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV - 05/31/24 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Giacalone

Oh I wouldn't have high hopes, but as someone who grew up on those films, I am just happy to see the old gang one more time

Hell, I thought the third one was pretty bad, but it was still somewhat enjoyable. A lot of it has to do with nostalgia and being fine with mindless nonsense in a world that's a little too serious at times

I don't understand why the third one gets so much hate? I enjoy it and while it isn't the best of the franchise (and honestly, is probably the worst of the series), on it's own, it's not a bad movie IMO.

Trust me I was growing up in that time too and enjoyed them, it just seems lately with these remakes of popular 80-90’s movies they miss entirely. I hope I’m wrong

I agree. I get the business model: studios are desperately trying to revitalize existing IP's to both draw in fans of the originals while also introducing a new generation to the IP. The only problem is, they miss every time. Look at the countless examples such as Indiana Jones and Rambo just to name a few. The only properties that were able to do it right IMO were TOP GUN: MAVERICK, the COBRA KAI series (so glad Netflix picked it up after YouTube dumped it), and ROCKY BALBOA plus the Creed series.

Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV - 06/01/24 08:46 PM

Well even between Rocky IV and the first Creed they missed big time too. They should have stopped with the first Creed as well.

I agree Top Gun killed it. I’ve never really cared about the Karate Kid stuff so I never got into Cobra Kai

Re: Beverly Hills Cop IV - 06/13/24 12:30 AM

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET